Poll

How many pages will this thread have when it finally dies?

Current Page
274-300
301-500
501-1000
1000+
Die?  Ha!
Voter is lame.

Author Topic: Nations at War - Closing Time!  (Read 210140 times)

(make believe the stars are a river and the flower is a kangaroo)

Nation Name: North Territory of Australia
Government Type: Democratic Federalism

Economy Type: Mixed
*Currency: NTD
*Currency in comparison to Euros: 1 Euro = .5 UAD

Population: 2,000,000
Religions: Religious Freedom
Languages: Dominant: English (Australian)

Map NT of Australia, don't have access to anything regarding it though.
*Major Cities: Darwin, Alice Springs
Capital City: Darwin

Trade Partners:
Alliances:
Organizations:

*Defcon Level:
Military Tech: Current Tech Level
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:32:24 PM by Swat 3 »

Please spruce your application up with a more original flag, name, and preferably a map of where you are, you can not have all of what remains of Australia, start small and expend into it.  You might want to just make up a city for your capitol.

Aside from that everything seems to be more or less in order.

Didn't know what color to make you.  Hope you like it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:44:13 PM by Plethora »

I like it, thanks.

The newly formed country sends an alliance request to it's powerful and strong neighbor, the UOU.

Yaslovakia's older goal of expansion in Europe has been revived.

Guarded convoys of colonists and supplies are seen by some locals still living in the area. Some come under fire by nationalists but are managed to be held off while armored recon scout ahead of the convoys.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 05:00:12 PM by Decepticon »

Morn and I were just discussing what the next war on this thread will be like irl.  It came down to this:

'But nobody realized until it was too late, "That's no moon!  It's a space station!"'

Too funny to keep to myself.

I like it, thanks.

The newly formed country sends an alliance request to it's powerful and strong neighbor, the UOU.

The UoU happily accepts, and greets its new neighbor warmly.

NTA starts claiming what in reality is the NT of Australia.

A mass protest of around 20,000 W. Erinamese gather at Vukamïn Square, Tzjåvelt.  (A major city, essentially Chicago.). They call for the liberation of W. Erinaum, shouting "Uten sa pozjér!", and "Per ieþ sa poréri!"
(Hover for translation.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:37:59 AM by SWAT One »

A mass protest of around 20,000 W. Erinamese gather at Vukamïn Square, Tzjåvelt.  (A major city, essentially Chicago.). They call for the liberation of W. Erinaum, shouting "Uten sa pozjér!", and "Per ieþ sa poréri!"
(Hover for translation.)

A week later, in response to the riot, a larger riot is held, protesting the way E Erinaum and their rebels are handling the situation.  They also commend UoU on a positive and friendly conjunction of UoU and W Erinaum.

Those rebels are W. Erinamese citizens.  E. Erinaum has nothing to do with it.  Ethnically W. Erinamese citizens cringe in disgust of the so-called "friendly conjunction".
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:49:02 AM by SWAT One »

I just think it is ridiculous that you are deciding what my citizens are doing.

A large gathering of ethnically UoU people living in E Erinaum gather in the capitol to good a protest to bring attention to the dishonorable greediness of E Erinaum in their sly attempts to grub more land mass.

If you can decide what my citizens do, I will play the same card on you.

Wrong:
Rights:
2. You are allowed to begin wars over racial or religious reasons.
3. You can perform secret missions in attempts to sabotage or obtain information.
4. You can play.
And inciting revolutions with reasonable footholds can go under war, however, W. Erinaum has many ties with E. Erinaum, and is recognized by the Eastern Orthodox Church as a unified member.

W. Erinaum has wanted emancipation since the beginning, and this view was becoming popular since the Yaslovakian war when there was a distrust of high leadership.  Where is UoU's foothold, huh?

Abdullahi had one on the AC.
New Yaslovakia had one on Erinaum.
What makes West Erinaum any different?

You also ignored this.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:14:02 AM by SWAT One »

You think everyone in W Erinaum wants to join E Erinaum, and I can guarantee that is not true.  Any citizen with ties to UoU heritage has and will continue to support the UoU government.  There is only about 28 percent that would prefer emancipation or the handing over to E Erinaum, and only about .3 percent that are radicalextremists in that belief.

A majority of UoU citizens knew Erinamese  due to our close alliance in earlier years, it was commonly taught in our schools.  Furthermore, many Utahns saw the possible investment in moving to W Erinaum to take part in its big boom in population and industrialization in the major cities.  Then, many of the Utahn ethnicity was married to other Erinamese ethnicity people.  Those families, being interracially diverse, began to refer to themselves as Utahns, as that is the country that they are living in.  That is where all the UoU citizens came from, so don't tell me it is a lie.

I am aware that not all of the population begs for emancipation.

You're assuming that Erinamese cities weren't industrialized.  Where did you think that?

An influx to the degree you cited would create a system worse than hyper-dense population in irl China or India, and would result thus:
Influx → Rapid and Rushed construction of Projects → Inflation of Business Sectors (Anyone moved because of business reasons, which as you stated, is the main reason.)→ Extreme unemployment due to lay-offs or jobs not being available, failures of many businesses → Overextension of public goods (bread lines, soup kitchens) → Mass Starvation, Economic depression.

Ever think of that?

This is why I said that 10% would still be an influx.

Also, pretty sure it's a stretch to say a majority of UOU citizens knew Erinamese.  How many people in America know Mandarin?  Nowhere near a majority, but those who do relate to business.

Furthermore, does UOU stress arranged marriage or some stuff?  I doubt this interracial marriage issue is even significant or relevant to mention, since it would not be a massive factor of political opinion.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:30:43 AM by SWAT One »

In the public school system, they have been taught Erinamese as a second language.  This was not unusual whatsoever, as this tradition was put in place years ago, when our nations shared much of everything.  You're example is meaningless, Americans do not learn Chinese because we have never been close to them.

You're using a slippery slope fallacy and it is ridiculous.  Would you ever think that the government has way too balance, monitor, and prevent a situation like that??

Seriously, just come out and admit all you want is that land.  You literally have stopped at nothing to get "your" territory back.