Author Topic: (BLS2OBJ) Blockland Save Renders -Image Heavy-  (Read 18262 times)

So if you didn't know, I've been working on a Blockland save to (.obj wavefront) a 3d model format converter for the past weeks. I've finally got it finished to near perfection (the conversion needs to be sped up - colored bricks or trans bricks don't work). Check out these renders I've done in a free program called Kerkythea.

Normally I would of got Wookiee to do them (he has really good rendering software and is good with it), but his net got fried so I'm doing them until his net resets.
If you want your own build rendered, post the save file. Huge save files (250kb+) will take the program up to 5-15 minutes to convert and I'm not going to render big ones unless I think they're good so post a link to an in-game screenshot.

I'm not giving the program out yet.

EDIT: The round bricks get forgeted up - it's just how the rendering program works, the models are fine.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:07:09 PM by Destiny/Zack0Wack0 »

This is great. Looks really good.

Unfortunately I'm not very good at rendering :(, so if you want the .obj files to do it yourself just say.

I think they turned out quite well overall.

Crysta Castle.bls - SBDjango - Around 10:00am in the morning

I don't get what you're trying to do.

Shadows appear to be exaggerated and the image as a whole could use some anti-aliasing, but it has potential.

If you could add backgrounds to it and/or other effects it could really "spice up" an otherwise normal build.

They look good but I don't like how the shadows are completely black :c The pink tree thing (can't remember what its called) looks so shadowy and evil

This means people can make vehicles out of their builds. Not in game though.

This means people can make vehicles, weapons, and maps out of their builds. Not in game though.
Fixed

Why would you want maps made out of bricks?! That's what saves and bricks are for. And weapons would be ew with bricks unless it was huge, in which case it shouldn't be a handheld weapon

Why would you want maps made out of bricks?!
Terrains that would actually fit the bricks.
And weapons would be ew with bricks unless it was huge, in which case it shouldn't be a handheld weapon
Just saying it can be done...

Ok, I added x3 Anti-aliasing and I added slightly transparent shadows. It gives a very good effect.

(10:00am)

Blender render it plos