Author Topic: Space Guy's Bot Mod  (Read 7426 times)

Does ANYONE have a link to space guy's bot mod?
i need it, i will give someone 2 :cookie:'s
if they get me the link :3

I do belive it's private.

I do belive it's private.
I'm sure I heard somewhere that it's not good enough yet to release, but it might just be the voices in my head.

Most of it works all right but random errors keep popping up that will be really hard to fix. Using a certain shade of blue in the saved avatar function causes console errors and the bot to turn red and black instead. When I run internet servers with it bots occasionally pick up events from others in completely different places, so a standing bot will suddenly start attacking the closest people to it which seems odd.

Most of it works all right but random errors keep popping up that will be really hard to fix. Using a certain shade of blue in the saved avatar function causes console errors and the bot to turn red and black instead. When I run internet servers with it bots occasionally pick up events from others in completely different places, so a standing bot will suddenly start attacking the closest people to it which seems odd.
Will you release when fixed?

His mom will be released insted, XD, jking

i need it, i will give someone 2 :cookie:'s
if they get me the link :3

Cookies solve nothing besides aids.

explain the bot mod to me.
I have no understanding of it. Only hearing other people talk about it.

Space Guy's bots use events too?
>:U

*Giving someone tour of a fort on fortwars*

"And here are our automated defenders, courtesy of Space Guy's Bot mod. I've programmed them to only attack people not given a special designation. To us they are completely-- WOAH! OMG!! HE'S FIRING THE LASER! RUN FOR IT, JIM!"

*Gets shot in chest 36 times with Laser Carbine, Spawns, and gets killed again*

Yeah, I think insane killing-spree bots are a quite big problem.

Maybe something wrong with, well, I don't know how to say this, but when the bots go to check which spawn plate they are from, they pick up the wrong spawn and use the foreign plate's events instead of their own?

For some events like "setBotMoveDestination" and "setBotFireTarget" I'm using a layout similar to Rotondo's setPlayerTransform event where you can use <Named Brick> -> setBotMoveDestination or Player -> setBotFireTarget and the last bot triggered will go to the target set.

The problem is that when using some things like onBotTouch as an input event they're triggered for multiple bricks at once in the engine so the "last event bot" will be one on some other plate rather than the one I spawned and want to go places.

Space Guy's bots use events too?
>:U
All the actions of the bots are controlled by events. There will be a standard "Bot Spawn" which just automatically creates a standing bot and an "AI Bot Spawn" with several events to control it in minigames so that it'll attack enemies that it sees, follow friendly players and retaliate if attacked. They respond to the "setTeamAllied" event for Team Deathmatch - if that mod is enabled then it also adds some "Team Bot Spawn" bricks.

For some events like "setBotMoveDestination" and "setBotFireTarget" I'm using a layout similar to Rotondo's setPlayerTransform event where you can use <Named Brick> -> setBotMoveDestination or Player -> setBotFireTarget and the last bot triggered will go to the target set.

The problem is that when using some things like onBotTouch as an input event they're triggered for multiple bricks at once in the engine so the "last event bot" will be one on some other plate rather than the one I spawned and want to go places.
All the actions of the bots are controlled by events. There will be a standard "Bot Spawn" which just automatically creates a standing bot and an "AI Bot Spawn" with several events to control it in minigames so that it'll attack enemies that it sees, follow friendly players and retaliate if attacked. They respond to the "setTeamAllied" event for Team Deathmatch - if that mod is enabled then it also adds some "Team Bot Spawn" bricks.
1 question, is it better than amade's?

I haven't used his for a great length of time so I don't know too much. I think that mine is more versatile and easier to set up for things like deathmatches (place one brick and it works) and custom appearances. (Change one event rather than strange /commands and "hidenode" stuff)

Current events I have:

Input events (bricks)
onBotLoaded - When events are changed or when brick is placed
onBotInjured - When bot is hurt by weapons fire
onBotDeath - When the bot dies
onBotKill - When the bot kills a player/enemy
onBotRespawn - Triggered after the minigame's respawn time or few seconds after it dies
onBotSpawned - When the bot is spawned by events
onBotLoseTarget - When the bot immediately can't see its target
onBotChaseTarget - While the bot is chasing a target
onBotLoseChaseTarget - When the bot cannot navigate to its target from the last known position
onBotNoTarget - While the bot has no target
onBotSeeFriendly - When a friendly player is in view (works with TDM, ZAPT, Rotondo's Zombies)
onBotSeeEnemy - When an enemy player is in view
onBotSenseProjectile - When an enemy projectile is detected in a radius around it

Output events (bricks only)
spawnBot [Player Type, Appearance Type, Automatically Saved Appearance, Weapon Held]
respawnBot - respawns the bot defined by the spawnBot event
deleteBot - removes the bot if it's spawned
setBotMoveDestination - last event-triggered bot moves to this brick (think setPlayerTransform)

Output events (bricks, bots and players: function of some varies based on targets)
setBotAim [Vector, Absolute] - makes the bot aim a specific direction relative to itself or the world
setBotMove [Vector, Absolute] - makes the bot move a specific amount relative to itself or the world
setBotMoveObject [Target] - makes the bot follow a specific player target (e.g. activating player, closest enemy, closest player]
clearBotMove - clears the bot's current move object
setBotJump [checkbox] - if on, the bot continually jumps
setBotCrouch [checkbox] - if on, the bot continually crouches
setBotJet [checkbox] - if on, the bot continually jets
setBotFiring [checkbox] - if on, the bot continually fires its current weapon
setBotFireTarget [Target] - makes the bot aim at and attempt to fire at a specific target (like moveobject or aiming at the brick)
botWander - Moves the bot once in a random direction/distance in front of it, turning at walls (used with onBotNoTarget)
botChase - Bot chases its current target (used with onBotLoseTarget and onBotChaseTarget)

I'm unsure whether to do the input events like "onBotActivated" and "onBotTouched" as that'd basically be copying Amade's.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:12:31 AM by Space Guy »