0 (0%)
Nah...
0 (0%)
Not at all.
5 (20%)
Not at all. Post alot more.
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: How to: Use CONSOLE Commands without Eval  (Read 3376 times)

'Ey, For anybody that doesn't know how to use CONSOLE commands without the Eval addon, here's ALOT of different things you can do.

1). Well, the most simplest thing to do is 'talk' using the CONSOLE, where it appears as "CONSOLE: Words words words". First, press the ~ key, on most computers, under Esc. That should bring up the Developer's Console (A white code box in the top left of the screen.). Then, in the text bar at the bottom of that pop-up, type:

talk("TypeWordsHere");

And then press ~ again. If done correctly, you should see "CONSOLE: WhateverYouTyped".
Also, you can use Hex Dec colour codes, too! Like so:

talk("<color:00cc00>Words");

(00cc00 is Green.)

2). Another fairly simple command is changing weapon Projectiles.
On almost every DEFAULT weapon, you can change the projectile, or what the weapon shoots. There are many different default projectiles to change to, from the Pinball, to Rockets. Now, just for an example, I'll use the Rocket projectile. First, Open up the Developer's Console (Press ~). Then, type in this in the text bar:

GunImage.projectile = RocketLauncherProjectile;

After you have typed that into the Console, plant any brick, spawn a Gun using your wrench, and pick it up. If done correctly, your gun will shoot Rockets, just as fast as the normal gun shoots!
If you have Addons, the Minigun is a fun weapon to use this command on!
Now, the only bug with this command, is that most of the addon weapons, such as the AS 50, Famas, or G36C do NOT work with this. And, weapons with spaces in the name don't work, either.

Now for more advanced commands.

1). If you have a VERY annoying player at your server, but don't want to kick or ban them, this command comes in handy.
First, open up the Console (Press ~). Then, in the text bar at the bottom, type in this:

FindClientByName(PlayersNameHere).Player.Delete();

If done correctly, the players screen with COMPLETELY f*** up.
If you've ever been at a server, where your loading or playing, when suddenly your screen stops moving, and wherever your mouse moves, duplicates of the mouse stay, and that happens everywhere, that is EXACTLY what this does.

2). This command is fun, addictive (sometimes), but is a slightly hard command to remember for starters (starters who are looking in the expert section >.<)
Now, first, open up the Developer's Console (Press ~). Then, in the text bar at the bottom, type this in:

FindClientByName(TypeAnotherPlayersNameHere).Player.Kill();

Yup, you should know it. This command kills the player who's name you type in!

Ok, so, I hope this topic helps alot of people, and remember, there are about 500+ commands more than these. Have fun!  :cookieMonster:

There is also this one:
Code: [Select]
findclientbyBL_ID([color=red]AnotherBL_IDhere[/color]).player.kill();

There is also this one:
findclientbyBL_ID([color=red]AnotherBL_IDhere[/color]).player.kill();

Lol, colours don't work on the Replies, I don't think.

The 1st advanced command has happened to me like 5 times!
These are so usefull thanks!

The 1st advanced command has happened to me like 5 times!
These are so usefull thanks!

Lol, time and practise. No problem.

Did you really have to show everyone the .delete command?  As if abusive hosts weren't bad enough with kill commands.

Lol, colours don't work on the Replies, I don't think.
yes they do, just not in the
codealso, isn't there already a few topics in general discussion?

You don't need Eval for anything but letting super admins use your console, by the way.
Eval = host's console.

You have no permission to use my avatar.

You have no permission to use my avatar.
why don't you take legal action

i do want eval, so that my buddy can acess console too (only people i know in real life are SA :D)

Bump

do you know the command to make it look like someone joined but they really didnt?
i've seen Tezuni fake Badspot joining on his jails...

Bump

do you know the command to make it look like someone joined but they really didnt?
i've seen Tezuni fake Badspot joining on his jails...

announce("<color:0000ff>Badspot connected.");
announce("<color:ffff00>Badspot<color:ffffff>: Hello.");
announce("<color:0000ff>Badspot has left the game.");