Author Topic: Glowsticks  (Read 3785 times)

My friend Nipper thought of this, but we think it would be really cool to have a throwable light. There would be all the default lights, and you'd throw it like a grenade or a spear. It would have a timer of around 5 minutes until it went out and disappeared. 1 use. It would be great for tactical stuff, in order to light up the area around you, and also while exploring caves and such.

Sounds interesting. I'm no scripter, so what I'm about to say is probably ALL wrong...
You could just copy and paste lighting scripts and paste them into a basic item model, like the hammer, and bam! throwable glow stick.

This would be cool, sort of like a flare object

Penumbra! :cookieMonster:

I loved that game.

Glowsticks would be nice to have.

Unless someone Experienced enough can do it, we are currently stuck with the lights.

Just like alone in the dark < throws 20 glow sticks into the dark puddle of black goo >

hey, im working on a pack of handheld lights but i think i have enough room to do a glowstick, ill post my progress here when i start it

Sounds good. Make sure they're placeable though.

It would be extraordinarily easy to make, but not with default lights. You'd need to use custom dimmer lights because itd look like a huge dot at the center of the stick.

This would be very easy to make. Just use the ambient projectile light feature.

Oh cool! I'm saying have it like the timebomb, except throwable: It won't explode, but it has physics so when clicked, it rolls a bit.

Just in case thou didst not understand.