Author Topic: A game controller Idea  (Read 6802 times)

What if there was a controller that had 23 buttons?
  • 3 clicking mini joysticks(good for thumbs(thumbsticks))one of those sticks can twist like a joystick, and can click, and can be used with your thumbs!*great if you want to make a first person shooter that you can still look, but you can look with just the head of your character and you can tilt your head, and if you click, it will change it to your hips so you can do some more cool things like looking around a corner and look silly with you leaning right (hip) and you leaning left and looking left with your neck, also with special FX sounds you can crack your neck, not break, crack/pop.
  • You have bumbers and triggers, and your middle(PS button/360 button), and start, and back/select in the same place, you just have 7 extra buttons, (one of them is the click for 3rd thumbstick)the clicking joystick-ish.. thumbstick, and the 4 buttons like on old xbox areas, the other 2 are next to things, 1 of them is top left next to the right thumbstick, and the other is top right next to the D-pad on xbox. *great for more choices in actions and other things! commands, pickup, punch, kick, etc!*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:16:53 PM by Gun Massacre »

i saw 23 buttons and said "hael naw" out loud,
now to explain why its a bad idea
What if there was a controller that had 23 buttons?
  • 3 clicking mini joysticks(good for thumbs(thumbsticks))one of those sticks can twist like a joystick, and can click, and can be used with your thumbs!*great if you want to make a first person shooter that you can still look, but you can look with just the head of your character and you can tilt your head, and if you click, it will change it to your hips so you can do some more cool things like looking around a corner and look silly with you leaning right (hip) and you leaning left and looking left with your neck, also with special FX sounds you can crack your neck, not break, crack/pop.
[/b]
  • You have bumbers and triggers, and your middle(PS button/360 button), and start, and back/select in the same place, you just have 7 extra buttons, (one of them is the click for 3rd thumbstick)the clicking joystick-ish.. thumbstick, and the 4 buttons like on old xbox areas, the other 2 are next to things, 1 of them is top left next to the right thumbstick, and the other is top right next to the D-pad on xbox. *great for more choices in actions and other things! commands, pickup, punch, kick, etc!*
[/b][/color]
[/list]
@red: no
@purple: forget no
@blue: already done
@pink: hold down one button and press another you forgettard
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:07:22 PM by Madmitten »

Let me put this in the most brief, non-ambiguous, and effective way I know how to.

No.

This my good sir souns like a stuffty idea, count the buttons upon your keyboard and mous put together what'd ya get?

I may better not listen to you then.
@pink: hold down one button and press another you forgettard

This my good sir souns like a stuffty idea, count the buttons upon your keyboard and mous put together what'd ya get?
Quote from: Mollasses 838 link=topic=114177.msg2342671#msg2342671date=1276129365
Well the controller doesn't have that much...
I don't see much of a problem.
It has 23...
And you don't like the Idea of popping your neck? With sounds?? And when done you have a relieved sigh???

Well the controller doesn't have that much...
I don't see much of a problem.
It has 23...
And you don't like the Idea of popping your neck? With sounds?? And when done you have a relieved sigh???
no
there is a difference between being a rambocop ingame and being a rambocop IRL
and besides, no one wants to accidentally do that when 15 robots are shooting at him, then while trying to reload, he cracks his neck and sighs,

No.
You said you were going to lie down :/

EDIT: this is how it would be like
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:44:19 PM by Zenith »

not enough buttons, nobody would ever buy it.

That means post more in the language of whoreshoes

EDIT: this is how it would be like

if only it werent so damn fast

no
there is a difference between being a rambocop ingame and being a rambocop IRL
and besides, no one wants to accidentally do that when 15 robots are shooting at him, then while trying to reload, he cracks his neck and sighs,
Did I hear something?