Poll

Should I let this topic die now?

yes
no

Author Topic: BOSS Attack! Poll update  (Read 25961 times)

BOSS ATTACK
An epic build by Reinforcements
----------------------------------------------
It all starts in the boss attack lobby, where you may select a boss to fight. With
awesome custom music and pro style fights. Its gonna be epic.

Boss Attack Music
Download here
NEWEST VIDEO, Fighting MAD CORE
CLICK HERE

July 12th

That door thats behind the "lobby guy" now leads to the final boss, you need to complete all the other bosses to get the code to enter. The basic part of my final boss door is done(image below).

News Update June 25
poll results:

the poll: Should I add a "bonus round" like minigame to this?
yes: 24
no: 3

So I will add a bonus round like thing to this. By the way, if you plan on playing this make sure you download music, it makes the battle more EPIC.

News Update June 27
I've added the minigame, in order to play it, you need to have a minigame token. You get minigame tokens by beating bosses. Right now I have 2(I've added a second). Pics below.

The minigame, you have 30 seconds!

News Update June 29
Well, I'm glad people are posting their boss ideas. Maybe I'll use one. For my next boss battle, I'm trying to get my Ai to work. It seems I can't spawn it from a vehicle spawn, I get no console errors. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it! So far, I think I like this idea best.

My Idea For A Boss:
Boss Name: Mainframe
Description: An Evil Computer Attempting to Take Over Blockland
Battle: To defeat mainframe, you must shoot at targets around the room to lower a damage counter.  When a target is shot, it is disabled and another in a  different part of the room is enabled.  Mainframe fights back with Lazer Cannons in the corner of the room, and an Electric Floor.  The Lazer Cannons fire for three seconds after a target is shot.  The Electric floor is made of a tile floor with 4x4 tiles.  The tiles are normaly black, but will randomly turn yellow for one second before turning red.  When the tiles are red, they will damage the player. In the end, when the damage counter reaches 00 (Zero), Mainframe Explodes, leaving a huge gap in the wall.  The player can then walk through and reach the teleporter back to the lobby.
Thanks for the great idea!
UPDATE JULY 2

I have a bigger update for ya then usual, I've got 2 NEW BOSSES and 1 NEW MINIBOSS. I'll post pics of the new bosses, including the miniboss. :D
MAD CORE
Its a core reactor GONE MAD!

Mainframe
(I didn't follow the idea by Silverfang totally, I changed stuff)

The Miniboss,
SHOOP DA WOOP
go head to head with shoop beams!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 10:51:26 AM by Reinforcements »

Awsome when will it be finished?  :cookieMonster:

For some reason it reminds me of a scooby doo game from the PS1.

Looks nice. Looking forward to your server.

( stupid question alert) what is that type of zombie. i must have it

( stupid question alert) what is that type of zombie. i must have it
Hydralisk. Search it.

Awsome when will it be finished?  :cookieMonster:

I though you were banned. Why did you get unbanned. WHY!

If its done...

JUST HOST IT NOW.

kkthx
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:00:31 PM by Bomb Kirby »

I can't tell if your excited, or if your yelling at me.

Okay, frankly it looks awful.

The build is undetailed and awkward. The boss doesn't really appear to pose any significant threat.

The build is undetailed and awkward. The boss doesn't really appear to pose any significant threat.
I built it in a few days, the boss itself doesn't do anything. I do have turrets that fire at you and I also have the mini hydralisks. I put a lot of time into the eventing.

This.

A for effort

less than an A for everything else. keep trying.