Author Topic: RPG Leveling system  (Read 1300 times)

Im trying to find a system that is "good enough" for my Oblivion RPG

Ive tried making a System that runs off of Relays, but that ruins the ifVariable inputs of basically  all other events.

So, is there another way?

IfVariable?
Sounds like V4 variables...
hssssssssssssssssssssssssssss .

Its VCE

and im kinda hoping i get some help on a working system -.-

make all the bass plats have events.

Or how i used to do it, there was an "Experience" bot and you go to him and trade experience for levels.

Your only option is scripting. That's how pros do it.

Your only option is scripting. That's how pros do it.

No.

Basically what i do, Say that your RPG has a resource thing so when you chop down a tree, it gives EXP.
After you then add exp, it does this:

Code: [Select]
Client > VCE_IfVariable [EXP_Woodcutting] >= [<var:cl:Woodcutting_RequiredEXP>]
[0] OnVariableTrue > Client > VCE_ModVariable [EXP_Woodcutting] Subtract [<var:cl:Woodcutting_RequiredEXP>]
[0] OnVariableTrue > Client > VCE_ModVariable [LVL_Woodcutting] Add [1]
[33] OnVariableTrue > Client > VCE_ModVariable [Woodcutting_RequiredEXP] Add [65]
[34] OnVariableTrue > Client > ChatMessage [<color:ffff00>Level Up!]

So what that'll do, Is say when you start your character, you have to get 50 EXP to level up. Then when you do, You then have to get 50+65 EXP to level up. Then it keeps adding up, making it harder.

thanks Skill, but i already knew of that option

i should have said that

I just thought it would be a bit too much work for such an addition, but i think its my only choice since i cant make a level script fall out of the sky.

i think its my only choice since i cant make a level script fall out of the sky.

You cant??? WTF is wrong with you man?!? Nah I kid the forums, but the exp bot is a neat idea.

That was another plan from before

But i decided to just go with adding a Exp Check on everything that can give you EXP

it works fine