Author Topic: How to make your own Hex Codes.  (Read 5632 times)

Hello, if you are interested in using the <color:XXXXXX> in-game and you do NOT want to go on Google and search a Hex Codes Chart, or use a program that's also found on Google, you came in the right place.
Hex codes might look to some people hard, just some random codes that machines put. This is a lie.
Let's check out our "number" chart!
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
As you can see it ranges 0-9 and A-F
There are 6 Letters and 10 numbers. Otherwise, 16 "numbers".
16*16 = 256 why not 255? I don't know either.  :cookieMonster: Except these are the math rules, but there's something juicy...
The more on the left is the number (letter) on our chart the lower is the number, A being 11, F being 16, 3 being 4 and so on.

The codes are made out of 6 of those numbers (letters). FF being the brightest, 16*16 = 256. 00 being the darkest, 0*0 = 0.

They are grouped in RGB. For who does not know what that means: Red Green and Blue.
And all you do is replace R, G or B with 2 groups of numbers (letters)
And here are the HEX codes for the most BRIGHTEST colors, can you notice what's up at them?
RED: FF0000
GREEN: 00FF00
BLUE: 0000FF
As you can see, the "FF", the brightest "group", as I named above, is in the columns of R G and B. If it was to separate the columns it would look like this:
00 | 00 | 00.
It's like in real life, if you want to make PURPLE, you do 660066. You might wonder why didn't we put FF instead of 66. The reason is that FF creates it PINK, since PINK is a lighter version of PURPLE.
If you want your color wrap from BLUE in RED, you do NOT need to do: Blue > Purple > Red.
Instead you can do multiple Client Events (or whatever you are using this tutorial for) to create:
BLUE: 0000FF
Then: 2200DD (We lowered BLUE and increased RED)
Then: 4400BB (Again)
Then: 660099 (As you can see we are skipping 1 number or letter, 9 > A > B, we skipped A and went to 9)
Then: 880077
Then: AA0055 (What I said previously about 9 > A > B is equivalent even if you do it the other way around, just that here's used in 8 > 9 > A)
Then: CC0033
Then: EE0011 (This situation is probably not avoidable, unless you want a bigger color skip, not in the line, that wouldn't look as nice... But:)
Then we end with RED: FF0000.
As you can see we changed both columns with a double-letter in the same time.
If you REALLY want to get a SHARP one.. Have fun playing with values!

Now all you need to do is to add a <color:xxxxxx> into your Client Chatmessage, BottomPrint or CenterPrint before your text.
Remember that taking drawing class to know the colors, and what happens if you combine each.
Have fun creating your own colors!

16*16 = 256 why not 255? I don't know either.  :cookieMonster: Except these are the math rules, but there's something juicy...
To do with place values. Won't go into detail, but basically with the denary system, place values are 1 10 100 etc.  256 is a hex place value, so to get the 256 value you have to have a 1 in that column. Difficult for me to explain without sketches, I suspect someone can explain better.

I just prefer googling "hex colour chart", but I know a few default and I know how to manipulate.

Key values
FFFFFF - White
FFFF00 - Yellow
FF0000 - Red
00FF00 - Green
0000FF - Blue
000000 - White
I believe the grey in clan tags is 666666

I never really use any others.

if ur too lazy to look it up or what he says is confusing here:

There are 6 Letters and 10 numbers. Otherwise, 16 "numbers".
16*16 = 256 why not 255? I don't know either.
Because you start on 0.
You're probably one of those people who count seconds starting with "1".

To do with place values. Won't go into detail, but basically with the denary system, place values are 1 10 100 etc.  256 is a hex place value, so to get the 256 value you have to have a 1 in that column. Difficult for me to explain without sketches, I suspect someone can explain better.

I just prefer googling "hex colour chart", but I know a few default and I know how to manipulate.

Key values
FFFFFF - White
FFFF00 - Yellow
FF0000 - Red
00FF00 - Green
0000FF - Blue
000000 - White
I believe the grey in clan tags is 666666

I never really use any others.

000000 is black.

000000 is black.
Ocrap, I knew that... Just wasn't focusing =3.
FFFFFF and 000000 can't both be white... /facepalm.