Author Topic: SapHealth Output Events v2 - Updated 8/11 - Now on RTB!  (Read 4081 times)

Two output events for the player.  startSap and stopSap.

Features
Player -> startSap x, n
- x defines the seconds inbetween losing health (and the initial delay); can be 1 to 60
- n defines the health lost per "sap"; can be 1 to 100 (instant death after the delay)

Player -> stopSap n
- n defines the health healed upon stopping the sap loop; can be 0 to the player's previous health amount (the HP they had before they were being sapped)

This can be used for a variety of things, such as:
  • Making players "bleed" after they run into a harmful object.  This allows them to try and get help before they completely die.
  • Making a custom thirst/heat/food/etc feature for any RP, where players will stop losing HP when in towns, and must find food/heat/water (bricks or items that would heal them) to stay alive.
  • Adding realism to obstacle courses, or simply making them more challenging
  • Making poisons
  • Putting time pressure on escape games
  • Your own personal amusement

Made by Truce, suggested by myself.  Yes, I was given his consent to upload this.
You're free to do whatever: post it elsewhere, upload to RTB, or just download and forget it.

Update Log
-v2 - 8/11/2010
........Modification to the stopSap event.  Instead of allowing a full heal, now it only lets players be healed up to their previous HP from before they were sapped.  This makes less frustration for use in DMs and the likes.
........RTB approved!
-v1 - 8/10/2010
........Released
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:10:02 PM by Niliscro »

Thank you. Now on to the RP discussion topic!

So yeah

I made a chamber where a player gets their health sapped while they solve a puzzle.

This would be awesome.

OnSapperHit>self>bot>startSap 1 10
OnSapperHit>self>bot>spawnExplosion>RadioWave
OnWrenchHit>Self>Bot>stopSap 0

Someone make a sapper D:

You should also update this and make it so when it can sap health, you have an option of adding it to a player by their ID (it'd be even cooler if we could the health sapped would go toward the player and could have more than 100 health... Just a suggestion)

Overall looks pretty good. I'll dl it tmmrw.

You should also update this and make it so when it can sap health, you have an option of adding it to a player by their ID (it'd be even cooler if we could the health sapped would go toward the player and could have more than 100 health... Just a suggestion)

Overall looks pretty good. I'll dl it tmmrw.
The ID option isn't really necessary, especially if you can just use VCE conditions.  Also, adding more than 100 health isn't only the exact opposite of what I wanted in these events, but it's not possible.  There's a setHealth player output event, and you cannot set a player's health over 100, even if you type in 9001.  This is because playertypes have a maximum amount of HP that they can't exceed, unless you added to it via the script file or the console.

Is it possible to use VCE variables and sap a specific variable as you said, Hunger, Food, Water etc etc etc

The "heal" parameter seems unnecessary since you can already do the same with the addHealth event.

How about if it healed you by a certain amount, but only up to the amount of health that has been sapped?

(e.g. when you enter water you lose 4 health a second, but when you jump out you can regain up to 30 of that 'taking a breath' but not just fully heal yourself by jumping in and out)

So basically, it's poison. Allllrrrriiiight  :D 9/10

This would be awesome.

OnSapperHit>self>bot>startSap 1 10
OnSapperHit>self>bot>spawnExplosion>RadioWave
OnWrenchHit>Self>Bot>stopSap 0

Someone make a sapper D:
you could use the plunger :D

also, what about using -1 for saphealth, so it heals you over time?

More than sure it'll work.

you could use the plunger :D

also, what about using -1 for saphealth, so it heals you over time?
Player -> startSap x, n
- x defines the seconds inbetween losing health (and the initial delay); can be 1 to 60
- n defines the health lost per "sap"; can be 1 to 100 (instant death after the delay)

The "heal" parameter seems unnecessary since you can already do the same with the addHealth event.

How about if it healed you by a certain amount, but only up to the amount of health that has been sapped?

(e.g. when you enter water you lose 4 health a second, but when you jump out you can regain up to 30 of that 'taking a breath' but not just fully heal yourself by jumping in and out)
The heal parameter is really just to simplify so you don't need to use a second event to heal them.

Also, I see how your example would be practical during TDMs and such, since you don't want to fully heal a player just because they almost drowned.  I could take a look at it with my minimal TS knowledge and see if I can do anything, but otherwise it would be up to Truce.