Poll

Should the deadline be moved to September 11th?

Yes
5 (45.5%)
Do not change
5 (45.5%)
September 12th
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas T- Shirt Giveaway WINNERS ANNOUNCED!  (Read 8485 times)

WINNERS!
FIRST PRIZE-MAX LOVE You get the FALLOUT: New Vegas Shirt.
SECOND PRISE-Micac-Kun You get the choice of either the Brink shirt or the Post cards.
THIRD PRIZE-Asuir You get the Bethesda Postcards.

THE OLD WINNER (SABBIN) did not respond, so everyone else got bumped up and asuir won the third prize

WARNING!!!!!

IF I do not receive your address by the Tenth of October you will be bumped off the list!!!
CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER!!!

Original Contest:

Hello, as some of you may know I recently attended PAX in Seattle.  In addition to meeting our fearless leader (link number 1) I also Play-Tested Fallout: New Vegas.  I received several T- Shirts depicting the NCR flag, I am giving one of these shirts away on the internet.  

NEW!!!!!
For one ticket, all you have to do is send your response to the following question to the e-mail addresses:
Nuclear war has broken out, you survived in a small fallout shelter in your back yard alone, your fallout shelter has everything you ever need in it (except a raft).  However, it is flooding and so is the area around you.  If you leave now, you can get to safety but can only carry 1 item of food, one small item of entertainment, 1 tool, and 1 piece of existing equipment.  What do you bring?

In order to get more that one ticket, you must write a  short story set during the Great War of 2077 (link number 2) set in the Fallout universe and can not simply state events. The more you write the higher chance you have of winning.  
Write 100 words and you get one Ticket,
200 words equals 2 Tickets,
300 words equals 3 tickets, and
400+ words equals 4 tickets
Special Tickets will be added for second place drawing in addition too existing ones!
+1 Tickets: Being the first entry
+1 Tickets: Mentioning penny arcade comic characters (In honor of PAX)
+1 Tickets: for mentioning Saxton Hale
+1 Tickets: For being the last submitted
+1 Tickets: for not using references to the real world
-1 Tickets: For EVEN MENTIONING the number 9000

The tickets will be placed in a bin and the first one drawn will be the winner of the Grand Prize: A Large (X-Tra large upon request) Fallout: New Vegas T-Shirt.
Frount:

Back:

2nd Prize: BRINK (another up-coming game form Bethesda) OR Bethesda Post Cards
3rd Prize: Bethesda Post Cards (one is for New Vegas)
Deadline for submissions: September 21st

Stories were sent to: new.vegas.shirt@gmail.com

Link 1, look halfway down forum page here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=125682.195
Link 2: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Great_War

WINNERS!
FIRST PRIZE-SABBIN
SECOND PRISE-MAX LOVE
THIRD PRIZE-Micac-Kun

Enteries
1. Sabbin-4 Tickets, 1 special
2. Asuir-2 Tickets
3. Smoking-Young 4 Tickets, 2 Special
4. Max Love 4 Tickets, 1 Special
5. Caboose12345 1 Ticket
6. Syntho 5 tickets (one extra for writing more then could fit in the clip board) 1 special
7. Micac-Kun 3 Tickets, 1 special

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:27:03 PM by John1701 »

once, there was an ugly ghoul, that was so ugly, everybody died.

It is not known who launched the first nuclear weapon that precipitated the conflict, although President richard Richardson of the Enclave claims in his discussion with the Chosen One  in 2242 that the culprit was the People's Republic of China when he says "...and then those damn Reds launched". The United States was already at war with China as part of the Sino-American War, which was just one of the group of conflicts later known as the Resource Wars, when the nuclear exchange began in 2077. According to the Sierra Depot GNN Transcripts  the Power Armor-equipped forces of the US Army were nearing Beijing, the capital of China, which may be the reason the Chinese unleashed a desperate last measure in the form of a full-scale nuclear attack. The nuclear exchange that characterized the Great War lasted for only a brief two hours, but was unbelievably destructive and reshaped the climate of the world even as it caused the fall of most of human civilization everywhere across the globe. More energy was released in the first moments of the Great War than all of the previous human conflicts in the history of the world combined.

In the United States, the West Coast was hit first by Chinese strategic bombers and ballistic missiles, and as a consequence on the East Coast (which was struck at about 10:47) more people were able to get into the Vaults and personal protection shelters, leading to a higher initial survival rate.

In the two hours of nuclear fire, the geography and climate of the Earth was changed significantly. Entire mountain ranges were created as the ground buckled and moved under the strain of the cataclysmic pressure produced by numerous, concentrated atomic explosions. Rivers and oceans around the world were contaminated with the resulting radioactive fallout released by the relatively low-yield nuclear weapons used by all sides, and the climate changed horrifically. All the regions of the Earth, regardless of their location, suffered from a single, permanent season once the initial dust blasted into the atmosphere by the nuclear explosions had settled - a scorching, radioactive desert summer.

Despite the global destruction caused by the war, many areas remained habitable, with low and tolerable levels of radioactive fallout. The surviving humans were in some parts of the Earth able to continue living in the ruins of the pre-war civilization, establishing new communities and even small cities. (Vault City did so with the help of a GECK.) Some major global cities were not completely destroyed by the explosions because of their relatively low explosive yields, and cities such as Washington, DC even managed to maintain intact buildings despite relatively close detonations. However, most city streets across the post-nuclear United States were and continue to be blocked with rubble from collapsing edifices. In the ruins of Washington, DC most of the city's Metro  system of subways remained intact. Though many Metro tunnels were blocked by collapsed masonry caused by the shock of the atomic explosions, the Metro's tunnel network remains the easiest way to move around the D.C. ruins.

Around a week after the initial nuclear explosions, rain started to fall, however none of it was drinkable. The rain was black; tainted with soot, ash, radioactive elements produced by the nuclear explosions and various other contaminants produced by nuclear weapons. This rain marked the start of the terrible fallout that marked the true, permanent destruction caused by the Great War. The rain lasted four long days, killing thousands of species that had survived the initial destruction of the bombs, be they animal, plant or micro-organisms. Those few living things, human, animal or plant, that survived after the rain ended were left to live in the now barren Wastelands that had spread across the Earth, where nearly all pre-War plant life had died from the intense radiation produced by the fallout.

do i win?

Did you get a portal 2 shirt? No? You suck.
Did you get a guild wars 2 shirt? No? You double suck.

You tested New Vegas huh?

How was it? :o

Hey, I submitted my story through the E-mail. :D

It is copy pasted from the great war page.....

thatsthejoke.png

It is copy pasted from the great war page.....
no its not i wrote that myself
wtf is wrong with you why cant you believe me

Oh, tell me when you read mine, I E-mailed it to the address you posted.

Hey John... what did you think of my story? PM, email me or post it here :D

Hey John... what did you think of my story? PM, email me or post it here :D

My review and all storys will be made public as soon as I finds a service to use for it.

My review and all storys will be made public as soon as I finds a service to use for it.

Oh god... lol.