Author Topic: Download saves?  (Read 6123 times)

You should make things where you can download saves :D  :cookieMonster:

What i mean is:
1. Open up your Map - Saves folder.
2. Publish onto a download site.
3. Post it onto the forum.
2. Drag the save into the folder.
3. Open up blockland, and enjoy your shared saves.

I've cleared out all the stuffty comments for you - it'd be really decent to get people doing this more - in the gallery atleast.

I'm working on a feature for RTB (http://returntoblockland.com/) which will allow you to post your saves to our website and allow other people to download them and so on, but until that's done I'd like to see more people posting their save files in the gallery forum.

it's already easy to attatch it to a file here though

Sure, but you can't upload and download those saves or load them into your server while you're playing Blockland can you?

Imagine just being able to go to the escape menu and click "Load Bricks" -> "Browse Web" -> "Huge Castle" -> "Load"

Sure, but you can't upload and download those saves or load them into your server while you're playing Blockland can you?

Imagine just being able to go to the escape menu and click "Load Bricks" -> "Browse Web" -> "Huge Castle" -> "Load"
"LAG, Stop loading random saves from RTB"
I can see it now, though it'll definitely be a nice feature.

Would be nice.

"LAG, Stop loading random saves from RTB"
I can see it now, though it'll definitely be a nice feature.

There wouldn't need to be any lag, downloading a few hundred KBs takes up very little bandwidth. It'd be unnoticeable.

There wouldn't need to be any lag, downloading a few hundred KBs takes up very little bandwidth. It'd be unnoticeable.
Unless you have my Internet.
Then again, my Internet shouldn't host in the first place.

Anyway, I like this idea.

Ghosting brick saves it what I meant, takes me about 8 weeks already because of my ping to US servers.

hmm, true, although with the event saver it loads to BL instantly, although i think you might need to reset for saves, not sure

Unless you have my Internet.
Then again, my Internet shouldn't host in the first place.

Anyway, I like this idea.
Slowness wouldn't lag the rest of the server.

Slowness wouldn't lag the rest of the server.
but if the host DLs a huge file, wouldn't it lag the other people in the server? as the huge file is using up your internet connection?

but if the host DLs a huge file, wouldn't it lag the other people in the server? as the huge file is using up your internet connection?
What the hell is this "using up" your internet connection?