Author Topic: Earthquake in New Hampshire?  (Read 7106 times)

Hello, all. I am a denizen of New Hampshire, and about 5 minutes ago I heard a loud rumbling. I felt a shaking in my house too. Me and my family talked with our neighbors, they heard it too. They thought it was an explosion!

That theory was debunked when they called Concord. A friend of theirs a while away heard it, too. That means it may be an earthquake :O

If anyone here lives in New Hampshire, did you feel it too?

I slept through an earthquake once

but it was kinda far away so meh
also, sounds scary

EDIT: Er, well, maybe. That report may have been from June.

The mystery lives?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 10:26:44 PM by Captain Crazy »

damn
scary

hide in a waterproof basment for 3 weeks

STUNNING REPORT:

Turns out it was an aftershock of a Magnitude 5 quake in Quebec!

Holy stuff!
CANADA DOESN'T NEED THIS stuff RIGHT NOW! IT JUST GOT OUT OF A COMPLICATED RELATIONSHIP WITH FRANCE 200 YEARS AGO!

EDIT: Er, well, maybe. That report may have been from June.

The mystery lives?

Sorry guys, suspense killed.

The mystery lives!

You fools! Believing what the government tells you!

It wasn't an Earthquake, It was them testing a new super weapon.

It's just that it didn't occur to those foolish scientists that the sound of it would carry.

I was at first "Maybe it was a meteorite!" But then my hopes were dashed after I didn't find a smoldering hunk of space iron in my back yard :(

I was at first "Maybe it was a meteorite!" But then my hopes were dashed after I didn't find a smoldering hunk of space iron in my back yard :(
Thats cause the mole people cleaned up the impact site before you had a chance to observe

Thats cause the mole people cleaned up the impact site before you had a chance to observe

God damn money grubbing mole people. I should throw cat litter at them.

Turns out, here's the story. Inbetwiddle Concord and Laconia happened. a magnitude 3 earthquake. :O

I was about to post this.
3.2 magnitude, i was scared stuffless even though it was a light rumble for about 4 seconds here.

Also, glad to see another person from New Hampshire on the forums.

I was about to post this.
3.2 magnitude, i was scared stuffless even though it was a light rumble for about 4 seconds here.

Also, glad to see another person from New Hampshire on the forums.

hyfive NH buddy

Yep, I heard it on the local news.

Wah wah, the ground rumbled. I just went through a 7.1 mag earthquake at 10km deep occuring at 4:30AM in the morning. I woke up to what felt like the house was going to fall down. The power went out, furniture flew around everywhere, and as you ran through the hall you were thrown about. In fact, the ground looked as if it was rippling. Each day, we get 3.9 to 4.5 magnitude aftershocks more than once... there was one just now, in fact.

Maybe you should get some supplies in case a big quake does hit. And I hope you don't go through anything big. But seriously, harden up.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 10:56:02 PM by Sheath »

Tom

Wah wah, the ground rumbled. I just went through a 7.1 mag earthquake at 10km deep occuring at 4:30AM in the morning. I woke up to what felt like the house was going to fall down. The power went out, furniture flew around everywhere, and as you ran through the hall you were thrown about. In fact, the ground looked as if it was rippling. Each day, we get 3.9 to 4.5 magnitude aftershocks more than once... there was one just now, in fact.

Maybe you should get some supplies in case a big quake does hit. And I hope you don't go through anything big. But seriously, harden up.
Well I don't feel sorry for you because running through the hall in an earthquake is pretty stupid.