Author Topic: MineCraft - Recreation: Beta 1  (Read 5913 times)

I don't know if this map is still alive and I didn't know that someone else was re-making MineCraft in Blockland also. Today I thought how it would be to re-live in a MineCraft world in Blockland. I started an small island. Since Torque Constructor has a limit of brushes and shadows things I have to be careful. And yes, the island aligns with the brick line.

Progress
Things to do:
- Huge island: 9%
- Trees: 5%
- Flying block clouds: 0%
- Caves 2%
Completion date: October 19, 2010

About
I will make the models a little together, to make less lag. There will be also an non-lag version, so your computer can run the map.

Screenshots

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 06:11:18 AM by Olympic »

Ah. Terrain. See, terrain can't be dug into, however.

Hey look everyone brick shadows, yaaay.

May be simple but nice effect :D

Hey look everyone brick shadows, yaaay.

May be simple but nice effect :D
When taking sceenshots, blockland automatically does brick shadows. It doesn't do it regularly because of how much lag it would cause.

When taking sceenshots, blockland automatically does brick shadows. It doesn't do it regularly because of how much lag it would cause.
This aren't bricks. This is made in Torque Constructor, it's one huge interior model.

This aren't bricks. This is made in Torque Constructor, it's one huge interior model.

Can you open a server?

Also, you can't dig in an interior...?

Never seen too much water in a minecraft map aaaah :O.

Can you open a server?

Also, you can't dig in an interior...?

If each interior spawned when a corresponding brick was placed, then that brick was set to no rendering with collision on, it might work. Just make it so when the bricks it deleted, the linked interior is deleted as well. I wonder if they would cast shadows correctly though.

If each interior spawned when a corresponding brick was placed, then that brick was set to no rendering with collision on, it might work. Just make it so when the bricks it deleted, the linked interior is deleted as well. I wonder if they would cast shadows correctly though.

I tried this. It lags very badly.

very nice i hope to see this when its finished.

Wow, never played minecraft but it looks good

Wow, never played minecraft but it looks good
Shame of you...