Poll

Are you getting Call of Duty: Black Ops?

Yes, right when it comes out
53 (33.5%)
No, looks bad
31 (19.6%)
No, can't afford it
15 (9.5%)
Yes, but after the release like with a game of the year edition or christmas
59 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Author Topic: Call of Duty: Black Ops Megathread |-*OUT brotherz!*-|  (Read 32600 times)

-About-
Call of Duty: Black Ops is the seventh installment to the Call Of Duty franchise and series. Black Ops is a first-person shooter video game developed by Treyarch, published by Activision and due for release on November 9, 2010 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, and Nintendo DS. The game is set during the Cold War era which is around the 1960's.

-New Things-
Black Ops isn't just another Call of Duty. So many new features have been thrust upon it, it mine as well not even be part of the series. Most people say "It's just an aim and shoot game." My response to that would be "Aren't all first person shooters?" Some new things would be CodPoints (cP) which are used as a currency to buy attachments, weapons, perks, equipment, emblems, and other things. Black Ops is going to be the most customizable Call of Duty to date.

You can customize red dot sight recticles and put your clan tag onto your gun as if it was engraved. You may used an editor emblem in game similar to that of Paint.net.
 This section will be updated with more things in the near future.

-Videos-
Launch Trailer
Mutiplayer Overview
World Premier
World Premier Eminem Remix
Wager Matches
Single Player Trailer
Customization Trailer
Prestige Edition
Surprise Attack

-Zombies-
Zombies has indeed been confirmed to be in Call of Duty: Black Ops. It will be set in the Pentagon and you can play as either John F. Kennedy, Fidel Castro, Richard Nixon, or some other dude nobody gives a damn about.

-Random Facts-
  • There are 15 prestiges, 50 levels in each.
  • There is a map called Nuketown which is a town designed for nuked testing similar to one in Indiana Jones and at the end of every game on that map there is a nuke
  • You can follow JD_2020 on twitter and he releases a fact or 2 every couple days at the least
  • Black Ops is supposively the stealthiest Call of Duty game to date
  • Black Ops is mainly Campaign based unlike other games in the Call of Duty franchise but it still has many great features added in Multiplayer
  • There is no Tactical Nuke or Commando Pro in Black Ops unlike in Modern Warfare 2.
  • The hardened edition of the game comes with a sturdy metal casing, 4 of the zombie maps from Call of Duty: World at war, and a developers artistry booklet
  • The prestige edition comes with everything mentioned in the hardened edition and a RC Car with a camera and audio feature allowing you to hear and see what the RC sees through your remote control.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Countdown
More information coming soon!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:51:05 PM by Cyanian »

I cant wait! Watching the videos now!

Oh, and your countdown is a bit off. Atleast I think it is November 9th.

Oh, YAY FOR STEALTH! (Yuki, don't come in here with your stealth doesn't work or whatever, I don't care.) I love sneaking aroudn and taking out baddies.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:06:43 PM by Jorici »

I cant wait! Watching the videos now!

Oh, and your countdown is a bit off. Atleast I think it is November 9th.
Yea. Also, I've added the Random Facts section which will be updated constantly.

Gamestop is no longer selling the Hardened Edition or Prestige. Luckily you can still buy them off of Amazon which I myself did.

Yea. Also, I've added the Random Facts section which will be updated constantly.

Gamestop is no longer selling the Hardened Edition or Prestige. Luckily you can still buy them off of Amazon which I myself did.

Ooh, I like the hardened edition. Too bad I won't get this game right away, I am saving up for a new PC.

Also, supposedly I heard that a bunch of teenagers got together and robbed a printing press somewhere in Kentucky.

They went in with ski masks, huge empty sacks, and baseball bats and stole over 600 copies of Black Ops.

I'm currently calling bullstuff seeing as I have found no reliable source on the internets.

Also, supposedly I heard that a bunch of teenagers got together and robbed a printing press somewhere in Kentucky.

They went in with ski masks, huge empty sacks, and baseball bats and stole over 600 copies of Black Ops.

I'm currently calling bullstuff seeing as I have found no reliable source on the internets.

Lol over a game? Are you kidding? I don't think anyone is that stupid. The darn thing comes out in a few days! I call bullstuff, too.

Lol over a game? Are you kidding? I don't think anyone is that stupid. The darn thing comes out in a few days! I call bullstuff, too.
Well, it was about a month ago and there is a huge ass hype over this game in particular.

Hell, if I thought I could pull it off I might have done it. If we have the car, materials, and hideout or whatever. Maybe.

Plus, they are selling them for around 200 bucks a pop.

okay let my thread die :c

I think my Dad is gonna pre-order Hardened edition because he suspiciously asked If I P-O'd it.

This looks so awsome.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:54:24 PM by MasterBlockMan »

At first I wasn't too hyped.  I was thinking, "Meh, probably rent it, and if its good, I'll buy it."
Those videos changed my mind.  I want it now.

I'm getting it mostly because of the custom decals on guns, Vietnam levels, and being able to shout cheesy one-liners as JFK & Nixon while shooting zombies.

I love how they added a new twist to it with cP and Wager Matches.

One in the Chamber is my favorite due to the high levels of tension.

Edit:

Dead Ops Arcade Mode spotted. You supposedly kill waves of zombies from a top down perspective. Supports co-op.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:35:12 PM by Cyanian »

i bet 20$ it's going to be as disappointing as WaW

also it looked bad at e3
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:47:51 PM by Solid »

Playing as JFK will be bad ass.