Author Topic: Sentry and Sapper: 11/6/10  (Read 87328 times)

Sentry and Sappers
(are not on RTB yet.)

Two weapons, one the hard counter to the other, both made in such a way that allows the user to hide from combat while his machines of death do all the rest. Works well with Tier+Tactical, but is not explicitly part of the package. Currently hosted on mediafire, will be on RTB... eventually.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Attention Blocklanders!

If you have a philosiphical, mental or physical condition preventing you from being lazy and sneaky while machines do your dirty work for you, stop reading right now.

The newest development from Bushico's automated line, the Sentry Gun, is built for one purpose and one purpose alone- area denial.

Just drop it where you don't want people to wander around and the Sentry Gun will personally seek out anyone on opposite teams who happen to be lurking nearby WITHOUT any manual operation, allowing you to go make coffee, or poke a beehive, or whatever it is that you do when you're not in immediate danger of getting shot in the face! Just be sure to check back once in a while, as sentry guns are frail and easily broken and not very good at staying alive for extended periods of time: Just use your Welder ( included in the package) to fix any damage that may have been done while you were off hiding in a corner, and it'll be good as new!

As an added bonus, the Sentry Gun comes with 3 kits pre-installed, and an easily-accessed buildup system: just use the Welder and graft the base of the sentry to increase it's firepower up to 2 times!

The first kit is the MG, or Machinegun, kit. It comes with 3 levels, and starts with a basic repeater head, upgrades to a larger automatic head and ends with a powerful Minigun. Due to it's automatic nature, the MG kit keeps pressure on rather well, and is well-suited for forward bases or dropping behind foes while they're not paying attention.

The second kit is the Rifle kit. It comes with 3 levels as well, and begins with a standard (but extended) repeater head, upgrades to a true rifle head, and completes it's evolutionary line with the Gauss Rifle: a mid-range weapon with enormous knockback. On it's own, the Rifle kit is not suited for mano-e-mano combat, and usually fares much better when used in conjunction with other sentry guns, or placed where there is alot of continous fighting.

The third kit is the Rocket kit, which comes with 3 levels, too. (beginning to see a trend?) It's first iteration appears as a simple rocket-propelled grenade launcher with a barrel reminiscent of a tank cannon, which fires explosive rounds that cover a fairly large radius: Second comes a reinforced, modernized rocket launcher barrel, and third comes a (somewhat customized) Superlauncher, which does significant damage over a relatively large area. The Rocket kit is built to be used against groups of people: where a single attacker can easily dodge the projectiles, multiple attackers would be unable to get out of the way in time due in no small part to the increased 'target area' more bodies provide. Long story short: use it on defense.

And, to round off the kit, one more tool is included: the Controller is a simple, almost jury-rigged tool used to personally control your sentry at very long range, manually- While generally it's a waste to use it at very close range, experienced engineers may be able to use the controller to their advantage anyway.

I smell... petrol.

Put simply, the RC sapper is basically what happens when you duct-tape a brick of C4 to a very small ford pinto and call it 'super modern'; while there's absolutely no controversy over it working or not, it is not exactly what anyone in their right mind would call the 'wave of the future' or 'a civilized weapon for a more civilized age'.

However, we have heard it called 'hilarious'.

Operation is simple: Drop one on the ground, personally take control of your little robot buddy, drive it right into some poor bastard (or simply explode nearby, by pressing your 'eject' key) and watch the fireworks. Or even better, ram it into a sentry, or something else immobile and blocking your way.

Or, if you're feeling particularly douchebaggy, into another RC sapper!

(you douche.)

Credit to: Space Guy, Aloshi, Jaydee, the testers who actually got the files to use personally rather then just being on the server
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:50:17 PM by Bushido »

Nice job, been looking forward to this for quite some time.

My spy dreams have just come true.

I have nearly peed myself. Hell yes. Like you say, it goes great with Tier Tactical.

except they didn't

LOL.

On Topic:  I LOVE IT!!! I just started my server up and I am going to test them right now.

This is epic. Isnt the rc in Black Ops?

This is epic. Isnt the rc in Black Ops?

Yeah, i saw it on a comercial.

except they didn't
No my dream of getting attacked by sentrys has come true.

Wow... nice job! DLing