Poll

How would you rate this? (Remember, this WIP, so just because it doesn't look that good now doesn't mean it will always be that way)

Amazing
31 (46.3%)
Pretty good
22 (32.8%)
Just okay
2 (3%)
Needs improvement
3 (4.5%)
I dislike this
9 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: [UGN] Starship: Seraph-Class Heavy Cruiser (WIP)  (Read 12651 times)

About 6 weeks ago, rumors arose that the 4-month dead space clan, [UGN], was coming back to blockland. These rumors were soon proven true when the [UGN] Spacebuild server was sighted up and running in late october and so from then on the blockland space community has been anticipating it's return. We don't really know what to expect, but one thing is for sure - We have by all means heavily advanced our shipbuilding and construction capabilities vastly in comparison to last time. As a testament to this, and in celebration of the return of the United Galactic Navy to blockland, a large fleet is now being constructed by the clan, which will be backed up by a new type of capital ship: the Seraph-Class Heavy Cruiser.

The Seraph class will be built to match the average ARES Destroyer in combat, filling in a role as it fits in-between the Danube and the Argos in terms of physical power and size. Among it's various armaments are a large complement of what we expect to be over 18 MK-4 Double-Barreled Starcannon Turrets, 3 LaserCannon batteries and a large complement of heavy cannons and Starslayer torcreepes. Please note that this build is currently a WORK IN PROGRESS, and that i will update it often with more and more to show each time, perhaps even daily if possible.

Quotes of honor:

"Your interiors are so very colorful... :o" - TheArmyGuy

"Yes, absolutely yes. Although there have been many posts of starships, this i like more than the others." - Bounty Hunter

Now on to the pictures:

Overview of the entire ship, displaying what has been done so far.

Exterior area surrounding the airlock.

Freshly-built observation hallway just outside the airlock junction.

Dynamic interior snapshot of airlock.

Turbolift Hall.

Interior view of turbolift.

The newest area built so far, where the Cargo Bay, Captain's quarters and guest quarters are stored.

Corridor where the Captain's quarters and the Guest's quarters are accessed from.

Inside look at Captain's quarters.

Overview of Captain's quarters. (Guest's quarters are the same)

Restroom in Captain's/Guest's Quarters

Well, that's all i have got for now, feel free to rate and whatnot.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:44:17 AM by Plant »

It looks shopped.
Other then that, great.

It looks shopped.
Other then that, great.
Thanks

But no, this is completely 100% mine. I didn't steal this, nor are the images photoshopped. I took these pictures myself.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:04:14 PM by Plant »

Whatever you say, it still looks shopped.

Fair enough

But do you mind explaining why?

Well see, I can tell by some of the pixels and having seen quite a few shops in my time.

About 6 weeks ago, rumors arose that the 4-month dead space clan, [UGN], was coming back to blockland. These rumors were soon proven true when the [UGN] Spacebuild server was sighted up and running in late october and so from then on the blockland space community has been both gleefully anticipating and dreading it's return, as far as the eye can see. We can't say for sure whether or not we will go down in a flaming wreck like our last run or emerge successful, but one thing is for sure - We have by all means heavily advanced our shipbuilding and construction capabilities vastly in comparison to last time, now to the point where we are at a semi-par with [BAN] in terms of building complexity, detail and events, but don't get me wrong, we are by no means better than [BAN] in any way, despite our specialties and differences (Take your flame elsewhere, this is not a damn competition). As a testament to this, and in celebration of the return of the United Galactic Navy to blockland, a large fleet is now being constructed by the clan, which will be backed up by a new type of capital ship: the Seraph-Class Heavy Cruiser.

That has to be the most pretentious gallery post I have ever seen on these forums.

I'd suggest finishing your ship before posting it. There isn't much at all to see right now.

As for constructive criticism: the corridor seems fairly bland but the ceiling grate is a nice touch.

Try [img width=1000] as the first image tag.
Like it very much.
Your interiors are so very colorful :o

Try [img width=1000] as the first image tag.
Like it very much.
Your interiors are so very colorful :o

Also fix'd the images.

We can't say for sure whether or not we will go down in a flaming wreck like our last run or emerge successful, but one thing is for sure - We have by all means heavily advanced our shipbuilding and construction capabilities vastly in comparison to last time, now to the point where we are at a semi-par with [BAN] in terms of building complexity, detail and events, but don't get me wrong, we are by no means better than [BAN] in any way, despite our specialties and differences (Take your flame elsewhere, this is not a damn competition)
OP would be 100% better without this, it's loving flamebait.

OP would be 100% better without this, it's loving flamebait.
Mk then

I did this as a pre-emptive warning however, considering how the various people who hate this clan and everyone in it would probably come here and turn it into yet another flame war.

i am under the impression that you got the name Seraph from Halo? Its a Covey fighter.... just makin sure you knew...

i am under the impression that you got the name Seraph from Halo? Its a Covey fighter.... just makin sure you knew...

Well, that may not be the case.

Overview of whole ship pl0x