Trading Cards - That old Add-On from 2007... I found it.

Author Topic: Trading Cards - That old Add-On from 2007... I found it.  (Read 17210 times)

Last month, while running though my Old_Add-Ons folder for the Private Add-Ons topic, I found the old Trading Card mod. Today, I looked into the scripts of it and found it horribly coded... I was appalled... I wondered if this could be reincarnated, as the code itself is... just plain crap. The first file is the original code, the second file is my attempt to fix it. The whole switch could be eliminated with a separate listing file, probably, but it's better than that if list. Any opinions?

Edit: All the files: http://www.host-a.net/u/MegaScience/TradingCardGame.rar
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:10:02 PM by MegaScientifical »

It was an old trading card system someone made back in 2007 for Blockland, before .zip Add-Ons for instance. It's premise sort of aligns with Achievements mod in that both can EASILY be exploited, but there's no way around it without removing the fun so they didn't fix that.

This mod probably needs a complete reinvention over repairing of code and such. It was actually INCREDIBLY flawed and such... especially that everyone's cards was made personally by the person who made this, so most people didn't get cards. Maybe have it save peoples attributes and have a little player display in a box? I don't know...

I like your version much better.

What does it do.
From what I know, players have their own "trading cards" and it is kind of like the hat mod. Players can find trading cards and well- trade them.

I remember this.

Was made by Alosh. (Pretty sure)

How do they find the cards? Do they make the cards themselves?

How do they find the cards? Do they make the cards themselves?

Not quite sure how they would find them (again, maybe it's like the hat mod where a "dice" is rolled and you have a chance of finding one each "roll"

I remember this.

Was made by Alosh. (Pretty sure)

Ah, probably. I also have the cards and GUIs, but the cs was what I was worried about. I could loosely pack up the original, unedited files in a .rar (If I do .zip, noobs will try to install it.) for you guys to look at.

You wouldnt happen to have any old vehicles or weapons or such, would you? I'd trade for them.

I could take on such a task, but I still don't get how it's different from the hats mod.

You wouldnt happen to have any old vehicles or weapons or such, would you? I'd trade for them.

Probably, but not many.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=136179.msg3112780#msg3112780

I put my card there.

It was an old trading card system someone made back in 2007 for Blockland, before .zip Add-Ons for instance. It's premise sort of aligns with Achievements mod in that both can EASILY be exploited, but there's no way around it without removing the fun so they didn't fix that.

This mod probably needs a complete reinvention over repairing of code and such. It was actually INCREDIBLY flawed and such... especially that everyone's cards was made personally by the person who made this, so most people didn't get cards. Maybe have it save peoples attributes and have a little player display in a box? I don't know...

holy stuff I remeber that. I am sooo old ;-;.

holy stuff I remeber that. I am sooo old ;-;.

We all are. I'm 17 now... I think I've changed a little since 2005, though!

but your name isn't megascience.  :cookieMonster:

Oh, you.

Can you check for Vehicle_Sedan?

I didn't download that many things. I usually can't host, so I usually didn't bother with serverside stuff other than my own. Although I have the Ion and Death Ion Cannons, I don't think I did vehicles.