Author Topic: Zombies in the **Bluzone 2  (Read 32991 times)

A PRP hosted Role Play.

The Military have deployed a tactical retreat, using the Scorched Earth strategy. While this was effective in some areas, after some time it just increased the space that the infected had to multiply. This also damaged the remaining survivors, who were trapped inside the Military's cordon. They created a Black Market, and became more like Smugglers than survivors. They would trade weapons, exotic goods and whatever else they could loot to the outside world. Noticing there was a lot of money to be made, some survivors stayed while others left. Outsiders would also sneak into the cordon, with hopes of making their share with the newly created market place. Some soldiers even deserted their army, seeing more opportunity with the survivors.

The outside world is finally showing signs of recovery. More isolated countries like New Zealand and Japan were nearly completely free, while others like Europe, America and Australia still had a long way to go. In same cases, no signs of recovery were shown. An example of no recovery is Hillside Terrace, a small industrial city. However it's strong civilian resistance showed hope, they were eventually over run and the Military ordered the city to be bombarded with artillery fire. The city, now, is completely destroyed. Most were killed in the bombardment, however some managed to escape to the marshy outskirts, along Highway 22.

A small group of survivors found a Vehicle Checkpoint that had been abandoned in the Military's retreat. It's location was central, between Highway 22 and Wild Territory. The facilities were in an alright condition, and one of three generators were still working. Thus, the survivors settled here and made it their base. They re-furbished, adding their homely touches. They barricaded certain areas to make good fall-back points. They rolled out mattresses, sleeping bags and tents. They set themselves up for good, feeling that this is probably the last place in Hillside Terrace where they won't get mauled or shot.

They had set up their home, and prayed the best however fearing the worst....

tl;dr - Zombies...? Zombies!!!

Made by Knaz and Asp, with help from Quantum Eagle, NicktheSusi, Crunchie and IcyGamma.

Server status by Zack0Wack0

Zombies in the Bluzone 2 is a revival and sequel of a classic role play, which flourished during v10-12 and eventually disappeared. This thread is both to display the build, and home a part of the community. I hope you enjoy the pictures to follow, and even more so, I hope to see you playing with us in the server!

MAPS AND AREAS

SURVIVOR BASE

This is the general spawn area. Here you might find some poor level, if not still useful, guns. It's also a great place to get your ear in on the local gossip or latest news. You might also want to drop into the Bar for a quick chat and a cheap drink. Everyone is normally pretty friendly here, but just like everywhere else, it has it's ugly crowd. Occasional bandit and army raids and zombie hordes shadow over the survivor base, so while you may be having fun it's no reason to draw too much attention.

WILD TERRITORY (east)

The east part of the wild territory is probably the safest part. Here you will find a fortified and rather secure camp site, a good place to regroup and maybe gather supplies. You'll also find the dangerous ravine, a ditch with zombies crawling through it. Goodies can be found down there, for anyone who dares to brave it. For those just wanting to pass over, however, there is a pipeline that runs across the top and provides a safe route- just be sure not to slip! Just next to this pipe on the east side, you'll also find access to the underground sewers.

WILD TERRITORY (west)

The west side of the wild territory is the most dangerous, and consequently, the most valuable. There is a small abandoned town full of items and resources for you to take. The few buildings there are also good looting spots, and can be decent camp sites as well. However- Small clans of survivors often camp down there and can occasionally be a bit ugly toward outsiders. The west side, however, isn't a place to hang around for too long. There is a constant zombie mob that lurks on the outskirts and frequently wander into the town. The area is closely watched by the military, too and bombardments from mortars isn't uncommon. Just past the town you'll find a small construction site which leads into an excavation site. The excavation site provides a good camping spot, but being the shape it is you're essentially in a ditch and trapped if a sniper or mortar spots you. In the middle of the site is a hatch, leading to the mysterious underground labs.

UNDERGROUND LABS

The Underground Labs. Not much is known about this area, except for the strange happenings and stories that come out. Survivors getting ripped limb-from-limb by monsters, mysterious sounds scoring from the hallways and people going insane from spending too much time down there. The Underground Labs is a place for those who are true adventurers, but bravery and stupidity do share quite alot in common. Those who enter continue at their own risk, as radio communication is difficult from the underground. It isn't uncommon for packs of survivors to venture down, in hopes to loot but many don't return. What lays behind alot of the locked doors is a mystery to many, but rumors have it there is access to a secret hideout through some air vents- if you don't mind getting your feet wet.

Areas are constantly being added, worked on or extended- so keep your eyes peeled if something new should pop up! It's also why the server is often passworded, as me and some other people are usually working hard to keep your experience fresh.

IN-GAME PICTURES

Standing guard at the survivor base!

Trapped by hungry fishies!!

Everyone gathers around for some drinks at the bar.

Everyone regroups after a zombie horde attack.

Quantum gets some shut eye.

Ok everyone, here is the plan...

I don't think that's a person anymore...

Time to move out!

Sharing stories and folklore in the bar.

FAN FICTION AND BIOGRAPHIES

more to be added later... ;)

We hope to see you role playing with us in the server, and if you stand out as a good role player you may even be asked to join PRP- which means you get exclusive access to item saving!
Don't feel like Role Playing, though? Don't worry! We've got something to accommodate for everyone:
Unlock the secret of the mysterious quarry by finding the keys, and solving puzzles! Run errands for other survivors! Do some work for the barkeep! Or perhaps just go and shoot some bloody zombies ;D

Once again, we hope to see you in the server.
Ratings, Comments, Constructive Criticisms and Suggestions are happily accepted.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:07:43 PM by Kniaz »

Niiiiiiiiice, though I remember there was a story that you took down from the original Survivor Base topic, something about the virus managing its way around the world...? Also the Wild Territory pic is quite dark.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:42:13 AM by QuantumEagle »

Niiiiiiiiice, though I remember there was a story that you took down from the original Survivor Base topic, something about the virus managing its way around the world...?

Oh yeah, I'll just copy/pasta that haha

It's kinda dark, could you brighten up the images?

Sounds like more work ._.
Maybe ;)

By the way, it's always good to keep a journal at all times...

By the way, it's always good to keep a journal at all times...

You're joining PRP whether you like it or not.
What's your BL_ID? I'll set you up with an item locker :D

PRP?  :cookieMonster:

ID's 12645. If you want to include my older one, it's 22250.

AND NO THE SERVER IS FUUUULL
Hang on, it isn't :P

what guns we got going on in there?

Didn't know this topic was made, would of posted earlier that this stuff is the stuff

Oh I wish I could have stayed. Also a somewhat unrelated question what timezone are you in?