Author Topic: Blockland in the stores  (Read 2421 times)

Would be a nice idea if Blockland was sold in stores.
Selling a CD-ROM with the game files, and a key card comes in it.

What do you think?

id rather stay on hermit kame's island please

It would have to be one of those things where the cashier "activates" the ID like when you get a xbox live card, and that would be MUCH too expensive.

Not even counting CD production.

why would you put it on a CD if you could just DL it, which is easier?

Who uses CD's anmore
what's a cd? is it like a dowload file or a zip.?

If you really think of all the stuff that has happened to BL, this would be moronic. They would have to buy each new version in order to even play it, and we could be trolled so hard due to the fact that if they sell for loving 4.00$ you could buy like 20 keys and troll the stuff out of everybody.

If you really think of all the stuff that has happened to BL, this would be moronic. They would have to buy each new version in order to even play it, and we could be trolled so hard due to the fact that if they sell for loving 4.00$ you could buy like 20 keys and troll the stuff out of everybody.
Well, they would have to buy the each of the original keys for $19, why would then they sell it for $4? Mostly like $20/$22.

Physical items usually cost more than digital.

Reasons:

Digital: Owner gets all money.

Physical: Owner gets the desired money, plus a add by the store, and some of the money is lost from expenses in production (CD etc.)

It's not worth it.

Digital: Owner gets all money.
what

The vendor has to buy Blockland keys before selling them.

what

I don't think people here understand how stores work..

The stores BUY the keys with the CDs (although it still wouldn't be worth it because of what BobSeven said)

When stores buy the keys+CDs, it goes to Badspot, now if a store bought it for lets say $15, to make a profit they would need to sell it at a higher price, for example $20-30, so both Badspot and the store profit.

Now when this person uses it, it installs blockland, and UPDATES
If you managed to get a v10 install of Blockland, it would UPDATE to the current version, so your conception makes no sense at all.

I don't think people here understand how stores work..

The stores BUY the keys with the CDs (although it still wouldn't be worth it because of what BobSeven said)

When stores buy the keys+CDs, it goes to Badspot, now if a store bought it for lets say $15, to make a profit they would need to sell it at a higher price, for example $20-30, so both Badspot and the store profit.

Now when this person uses it, it installs blockland, and UPDATES If you managed to get a v10 install of Blockland, it would UPDATE to the current version, so your conception makes no sense at all.

As relating to what I was saying.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

what

oh god you're so stupid
badspot can "make" all the blockland keys he wants, and sell them, for more or less pure profit (i heard he had to give some to torque, but that's another story)

Please state one reason why blockland should be sold on/in cds.