Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic MEGATHREAD  (Read 11550 times)

About:

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is a Canadian/American Flash animated series, which is currently airing on The Hub effective October 10, 2010. This incarnation of the popular Hasbro toy was developed for television by Lauren Faust who is famed for her work on two of Cartoon Network's noted franchises The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on all of which she worked with their creator and her husband Craig McCracken. It is produced by Studio B Productions, in association with Hasbro Studios.

Plot:
The series stars a unicorn pony named Twilight Sparkle, who has been known to be a pupil of the world's ruler Princess Celestia. Seeing the young pony buried in books, the princess gives her the task of making friends, sending her, and a young dragon named Spike, to Ponyville. There, they meet some interesting ponies, including tomboyish Rainbow Dash, glamorous Rarity, hard-working Applejack, timid Fluttershy, and hyperactive Pinkie Pie. Together, they explore the ins and outs of the town, solve various problems, and make even more friends. Every day is a lesson for Twilight, but none as important as the magic of friendship.
At the end of each episode, Twilight relays a report to her mentor Celestia, telling her what friendship has taught her.

Characters

Twilight Sparkle
Voiced by: Tara Strong
Singing Voice: Rebecca Shoichet
A unicorn pony with a light violet body and an indigo mane and tail with pink and purple streaks and the primary protagonist of the series. Originally based on the unicorn pony named Twilight from Rescue from Midnight Castle in the original series but the colors are almost the same as the G3 earth pony named Twilight Twinkle except for the mane and tail. Priding herself on being Princess Celestia's dearest pupil, she once considered knowledge more important than friendship. When the danger of the Mare in the Moon loomed, Princess Celestia sent her to Ponyville to learn the importance of friendship, which proved invaluable in her confrontation with Nightmare Moon. She decides to stay in Ponyville and study friendship with her mentor's blessings. Morever, she is brilliant and often brown townytical. Her spirit represents magic.

Applejack
Voiced by: Ashleigh Ball
An earth pony with an orange body and blonde mane and tail. Originally, she was featured in Rescue from Midnight Castle and has almost the same appearance she had in the original episode, but with fewer apples in her cutie mark. She is very dependable and down-to-earth, but also stubborn and a bit selfish. She also comes from a large family of apple-name related members who oversee an apple orchard and run an apple business. She wears a cowboy hat. Her spirit represents honesty.
Rainbow Dash
Voiced by: Ashleigh Ball
A tomboy pegasus pony with a sky blue body and a multicolored mane and tail, highly similar to 2002-2010 Rainbow Dash (earth pony), but with a very different nature similar to Firefly, an adventurous pegasus pony from "Rescue from Midnight Castle (1984)" (along with Applejack). She is very brave and bold, but also mischievous and proud, as well as sometimes being insensitive. She has the ability of speed and, with the help of the other pegasus ponies, has the job of clearing clouds out of the sky and otherwise changing the weather. In addition, she dreams of one day to become a member of the Wonderbolts, Equestria's aerial flight team. Her spirit represents loyalty.

Pinkie Pie
Voiced by: Andrea Libman
Singing Voice: Shannon Chan-Kent
An earth pony with a pink body and magenta mane and tail. She is one of the 8 original 2003 Ponies (called G3) and one of the core 7 friends as leader. She maintains most of her appearance, but with her mane & tail color (usually, her body used to be pink, and her mane & tail a lighter shade) and cutie mark (originally 3 ballons with curved strings) changed; her new cutie mark matches Surprise's, a pegasus pony, but it's blue and yellow instead of green. She remains a party planner, but is very funny, talkative, and a bit air-headed. She also enjoys singing and playing pranks (but to her, practical jokes on Fluttershy are off-limits due to her sensitivity). Plus, there is seldom a day without her smile. Her spirit represents laughter.

Fluttershy
Voiced by: Andrea Libman
A pegasus pony with a yellow body and a pink mane and tail. She has a similar appearance and nature to Posey, an earth pony in the 1980's show, and is named after an earth pony in the G3 line. She is sweet and calm, but is timid and often very shy around others, though she can be forceful when pushed. Despite this demeanor, she has a great love and care for animals and is willing to help them at any cost. It is revealed in the fifth episode that she is a year older than Pinkie Pie. Her spirit represents kindness.

Rarity
Voiced by: Tabitha St. Germain
Singing Voice: Kazumi Evans
A unicorn pony with a white body and a royal purple mane and tail. She has the appearance of Glory, the unicorn who made a short appearance in Rescue from Midnight Castle and Sweetie Belle (a unicorn pony from the most recent line), and is named after her prior namesake character from The Runaway Rainbow. Her cutie mark matches that of Sparkler, another pony that made her appearance in My Little Pony: Escape from Catrina/Katrina, but with fewer diamonds. She is very stylish and beautiful, as she is interested in fashion and often desires to be a center of attention. She can also be very dramatic, often when a disaster occurs to her. She dreams of becoming a designer for Princess Celestia and marrying Celestia's nephew. Her spirit represents generosity.

Episodes:

I watch all of my episodes from this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/MenloMarseilles#p/c/F44B36D569D8C463

PLEASE WATCH THE PILOT EPISODES BEFORE POSTING
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:13:17 AM by captain blue »

Little girls need a better toy.
GLITTER STICKERS RAINBOWS AND PONIES AND HAIR

Wait, this is some messed up almost-anime style cartoon now?
Good god.

Your wall of words almost made it a Megathread without any posts.

Good god.

how does it feel to have no heart?

how does it feel to have no heart?

I have a heart.
I also think girls have the worst toys/shows that all focus on the same topics. Vanity.

Good god.

Run, before they hear you! My little ponies brainwash little girls! And they kill.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may want to review your post.

:c
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:16:22 AM by Amaya »

Quote from: Youtube comment
Bronies represent.

I have a heart.
I also think girls have the worst toys/shows that all focus on the same topics. Vanity.
you are the grinch of the internet.
you have obviously never watched the pilot

Tara Strong voice acts in a lot of shows i like, she's good at what she does

I still can't believe she did the voice of Terrance on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends though, at least with Timmy's voice on Fairly OddParents, he has a somewhat high pitched voice, but Terrance has a deep teenage-boy kind of voice :o

What did I just watch?