Author Topic: [AoB] - Architects of Blockland - 2011  (Read 83917 times)

Excuse the double post, this one counts as a bump :)

Anyway, starting tomorrow I will be leaving for a one week trip to Peru. I'm hoping the server problem will get fixed while I'm away but if not I'll have more time to work on it once I get back.

Have fun in Peru! That sounds awesome!

Sorry I haven't been that active lately, I hope not too much has happened.

ok so this guy cyber sub-zero got in the server

he took out a wand and destroyed everything except for the green park thing rem did

weird

There's chunks missing of that green park thing.

Bump :c what's goin' on guys?

Bump :c what's goin' on guys?
i guess rem is still in peru

and btw i will be inactive for another week. im going on a school trip.

I return from Peru enriched with vast amounts of new knowledge and experience.

This was found in Capt.Tan's server.  Logs from my server show that he has been in AoB for hours on end, and there is no way that he wouldn't know this looks like our HQ like he claims.

His server shutdown before me and Rem could question him further.

I seem to remember this guy having been rejected at least once...

AoB 2011 Contest I

Retro Build

Info:

It's about time I actually fire something up. Since I was given the position of Director, I've had to learn my way into the position. I've faced many difficulties (Server issues! Mission trips! Illness! Internet troubles! My OS loving up!) hindering the way, but I never forgot about AoB. So now here is our first big thing of this year, which I am hoping will bring the clan back up out of the darkness. I am aware that most of you have real life stuff, so I've spread the times out a little to allow for work-on-it-bit-by-bit-at-a-time to happen, since I think that is what induces creativity the best anyway. If there is anything you feel needs to be in this contest, feel free to PM me about it.

Theme:

For this contest, you will build an old fashioned style house, two to three floors in height. It may include an attic, which you may count as a fourth floor. You may use any technique you wish, but it must be a retro build, not a modern/futuristic build. You will be provided with a 64x64 space to work on, which will have two exterior faces and two interior faces. The exterior faces can both have entrances, but make sure it's consistent. The two interior faces will be covered up by other contestants' builds, so don't worry about making it look good, just make it part of the interior. If the interior sides' rooftops disagree, do not worry, that will not be judged either.

Servers:

The main server will be Benofdoom's, but if you cannot connect and wish to participate in the contest, additional hosts will be available as well. I myself will save and distribute updated saves across the servers, so if you build on one, it will be there across all the others as well. On that note, anybody with a working server wishing to volunteer as a host during the contest, please PM me, additional hosts would be much appreciated!

Entering:

To enter into this contest you must first be a member of AoB (We are still accepting apps, btw!). To get into the contest, simply PM me on the forum and I will add you to the list. The contest will start on Thursday, August 18, and will end on Saturday, August 28. You may enter the contest after it starts, but you will have less time to complete your build. If you join three days before the contest starts... well, I hope you have your project in mind :P  Judgement will take place one day after the contest, and the next contest will begin sometime soon after this one ends.

Contestants:
  • Black_Ninja
  • Dante77
  • Glaedr
  • Jacky
  • *Magick* Mage
  • Plasma

Days Until Completion

Begins 08/18/2011

(  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  )  --  Overtime.

Prizes

Depending on how the overall quality of the entries are, the prizes will stand thus:

2nd Place = +1 Rank
1st Place = +2 Ranks

PS: I will be updating this regularly, so make sure and check back here and there.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:09:10 AM by Remousamavi »

Yay :D!

I do have a question. Do you means we are just build an exterior wall and an interior wall or did I miss something?

Yay :D!

I do have a question. Do you means we are just build an exterior wall and an interior wall or did I miss something?

Your build will be a quadrant, meaning two sides of your space will face the road and thus have the exterior, and two will face another quadrant each, meaning you will not need to cover it up with an exterior.

Rem and I began consulting Capt.Tan today in my server.

He admitted to copying the build and then proceeded to say "Will you still join my clan tho?"

He admitted to copying the build and then proceeded to say "Will you still join my clan tho?"

LOL.

Oh, and I'll join the contest. What does the winner get (just curious)? I don't think I'll win, but I'll certainly give it a shot.