Author Topic: Tutorial - How to Post Images in the Gallery  (Read 5354 times)

How to Post Images

Lately most people who are new to the forums don't know how to post images of their builds in the forums gallery properly. Usually what they will do is go to their  Blockland V** folder, copy the image, and try to paste the image into their post. Which as we all know, doesn't work. Other times, they will just post the URL to the image which is BETTER, but it is a waste of time for viewers and most people won't even bother to click on the image. So lately I have been going around to posts and posting the images properly in a reply. But this gets really frustrating after a while. So I am making this post so people do it the right way and people won't say, "No pix, no clix" anymore.

Image Hosting Sites

When you want to post your build on the forums, the first step is to upload your pictures to some image hosting site. Below is a little list of recommended sites that you can upload to.

Image Site to Forum Post

This is the final step to posting your images. Once you have uploaded your pictures to a image hosting site, go to that image. Browse around the page until you find something similar to, "Link Code."

If you upload an image to ploader.net, you will receive three sharing options as shown below. The one that you want to pick is the one with the title "Direct Link." Copy this URL. Once in your forum post, paste this URL and highlight it. Then click on this > button to add "IMG" tags around that URL.

If you upload to Imageshack, there should be a box in the bottom right corner that looks like this...

If you upload to Photobucket, when you pass your mouse over the image it should have a button appear that says, "Share." Under the share option another button will show that says, "More Options." Once you click on the "More Options" button it will have another thing say, "Get Link Code." It should then look something like this...

If you upload to TinyPic, as soon as you upload the image a share box will appear. It will look like this...

Now, the image code that you want is the code that has a "[img]" at the beginning. (But for Imageshack, you copy the code that is under "Embed this Image" and "Forum.")

Simply copy the code and post it in your Post. And your done!

Why use this method?

When you use this method for your future posts, it will look neater and well organized. There is a very high chance that people won't flame and kill your post. (Unless your build really sucks balls.) Now go out there! Build some stuff! And don't post terrible builds!

Why did I repost this here a year after the original post?

There are several reasons why I did this. The first reason was...

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=95304.0

Since I saw that it was still being referenced after a year; I decided it needed a little refresher. Plus I was listening to this song so I felt inspired for some reason. Don't ask me why. The second reason was...

And to think the replies said the tutorial would not be necessary...

This made me want to repost it even more, considering I proved the replies of the original topic wrong. Let the following quotes explain further.

Quote from: Kurly
Its a clear tutorial but I'm pretty sure most people know how to publish pics by now.
Quote from: Kevdude
They do but can't put [IMG] around it.
Quote from: Me
Exactly my point.
Quote from: Jellypuddle
post in gallery

And so here we are...

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
The easiest way to upload pictures is using ploader.net

No sign-up, no registration, no membership, no crappy interface that looks like someone shat on it.

I use it, all you hit is "browse" then "upload", obviously, then click on the image board code thing and copypasta. Sooooo much easier than anything mentioned in OP.

He's right, except for the slight bit of bashing at the end. lol I have tried it and I agree.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:40:48 PM by SPooK »

I have a feeling he wanted something stickied.

I have a feeling he wanted something stickied.

I don't care if this get's sticky or not. It just needs to be put in a place so that new users can easily access it.

I don't care if this get's sticky or not. It just needs to be put in a place so that new users can easily access it.
AKA sticky

AKA sticky

AKA the gallery where everyone posts their pictures.

Problem with Imageshack nowadays is that you need to sign up (it's free though) to be able to use the direct link

Problem with Imageshack nowadays is that you need to sign up (it's free though) to be able to use the direct link

Yea I know. I just put the ones that are most common. I personally just put the image in my Dropbox folder and copy the public link to it. :/ Other than that I would use TinyPic because it can upload and give you the image code quickly without the need to signup for anything.

Well its nice you bothered to write this but honestly what do people try so hard to sticky.

it doesn't get stickied unless it helps, if you make a topic just to sticky it, there's a chance it won't get stickied,

Quote from: Title
►►►
Obvious sign you want to try and get it stickied, therefore, Badspot will not sticky this.
Also, imgur.com for the win.

Well its nice you bothered to write this but honestly what do people try so hard to sticky.
he didn't write it, he copied it from another one.

he didn't write it, he copied it from another one.

Another topic that I made a year ago. :P

Shouldnt this be in help?