Author Topic: L.W Professional Digital Upright Piano [44 keys, memory storage, 13724 events]  (Read 11183 times)

Delicately crafted, finely evented.

LateralWorks 44 Key Professional Digital Upright Piano
This is probably the most advance event build I've ever made, and one of the most advance event builds in Blockland's history. It is probably first proper working upright piano built, capable of playing real songs using a special sound pack and making up for the ability to only use 1 hand by allowing you to record and store up to 26 keys of music using onboard memory. I have spent months making this on and off, and its got over 13000 events so I've had to do a lot of manual save editing, I'm not ashamed to say.
Like a real instrument, I've crafted this with care and put so much work into it. I had the idea about the memory system and didn't think it would work, but after a whole week of painful trial and error re-working hundreds of events over and over I've finally done it.

Technical specs:

- 44 keys focusing on C chords
- Stereo playback with dual chord plates
- Sustain mode (vibrato)
- Open / closable lid to protect keys
- Clean black case
- Custom grand piano soundpack designed for this piano specifically with 88 sounds
- Onboard memory with 25 key storage, free space monitor, overwrite protection, and erase function
- Loopable playback with auto-timing and two tempo settings
- LateralWorks "A1 CPU" with 3 groups, & integrated 25 block memory

This build includes a total of 13,724 events. A true, proper piano for Blockland and musical fans.

This save includes the variables mod, the custom soundpack, and the save with readme. Everything you need to run the build! This is version 1.1, thanks to Slezak for reporting a CPU defect that is now fixed.

Installation & Download Information

Your download is 4.49mb and is zipped. Unzip the file on your desktop. Drag the files "Event_Variables.zip" and "Sound_LateralKeyboard.zip" and put them in your addons folder. Put the rest of the files (except for the readme) into Saves > Slate.
Enable the add-ons, load slate or construct, and load the save. Supports default LAN schedule setting.

About LateralWorks

I've owned and operated Ascii, MicroBlock, Lime Events, IcyElectronics, and other "brands" and groups since 2008 specializing in eventing. So what makes Lateral special?
LateralWorks is not a clan or a group-- event clans never make gallery quality builds. Its just me and my vast eventing knowledge. Good event builds take creative ideas and lateral thinking. Its about figuring out how to build entire event systems in your mind only. Its about taking an idea and making it work with the events you have.
LateralWorks is what represents my best events. Lateral is where I showcase my ideas, and dedication to revealing the raw power of events and creating some stunning and delicately crafted event builds. Few people have such strong passion for events, and I want to offer inspiration to people while providing some really remarkable and enjoyable builds to play with, pull apart, and learn from. Maybe one day, people will see the name "LateralWorks" in the gallery and click it knowing it'll be something good.

Thanks for visiting this topic. I sincerely hope this is as enjoyable for you to use as it was for me to make it.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:03:18 AM by Sheath »

Looks brilliant.
Excellent job Icy.

worst piano ever since v9

i'm srs on this one.

and you messed up "REFERENCES"

if you don't get it, you don't deserve to be a blockland player

if you don't get it, you don't deserve to be a blockland player

... right, your humor is bad or you have issues.

I try to avoid praticing the piano by going on Blockland. What am I going to do now? D:

In all seriousness, this looks amazing. Over 13,000 events!?

JESUS WHAT THE forget AMOUNT OF EVENTS

No, he's just 12.

neither.

i'm just awesome

To address the amount of events. If you carefully remove the back of the piano, you'll find a huge amount of small silver bricks. I call this the "A1 CPU" because it have three segments. One segment for key checking and memory writing, one segment for key checking and memory removal, and one segment for memory.

When you press a key, the computer has to first find what block of memory is free, find what key is being pressed, and then toggle it to a brick while remembering what was toggled so it can be deleted for later. The memory is a massive toggle-fest thats kept in line by variables remembering whats been toggled, when, and where.

EDIT: Just to say it was going to have 40 memory but I simply couldn't fit it into the case as while the memory board would fit in the key handling segment of the CPU would have to double in size and simply couldn't fit.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:02:53 PM by Sheath »