Author Topic: Sqlite Error Solution Guide  (Read 11710 times)

Okay, since I've had this issue and managed to fix it thanks to the community, I'm going to write up a quick guide on how to solve this issue on both Mac and PC.

Mac OS X
  • Macintosh HD > Applications > Blockland v19
  • Locate the file "cache.db"
  • Right-click this file
  • Select the option "Get Info"
  • At the bottom of the window that pops up, you should see a section for "Sharing & Permissions". Change the privileges for the name "everyone" to "Read & Write"
  • Close this window, and start up Blockland. The issue should be repaired.

Windows
  • Program Files > Blockland v19
  • Right-click this folder
  • Select the option "Properties"
  • Un-check the box that says "Read Only"
  • Make sure this option is applied to all the files within Blockland v19

Next...

• On your desktop, or in the start menu, find the shortcut for Blockland
  • Right-click the shortcut
  • Select the "Compatibility" tab
  • The option "Run this as an administrator" should be checked. If it is not, check that box.
  • Close this window, and start up Blockland. The issue should be repaired.

Thanks to Doomonkey for help in my original topic in which I had this issue, along with the others who helped. Also thanks to Iban for the Windows instructions. Hope this gets stickied, because even though it's not a huge common issue it still keeps players from playing the game and I'd like to spare Help section more topics on it in the future. If you have questions, or if something isn't correct, please tell me and I'll lock this and let it die then make a new topic.[/list]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:56:58 PM by Badspot »

What is this suppose to fix?

This fixes this issue:

Blockland: Sqlite Error

Blockland could not write to cache database.

Do not run the game directly from the mounted image.

It fixes the Blockland Sqlite Error 11, 21 (and any other numbers I suppose) that keeps players from spawning on servers (the player will get stuck loading Datablocks) and from starting Single Player games.

Does it force the player too freeze upon starting a singleplayer game?

With this issue, when a user starts a single player game, the game will load once you hit "Start" but won't start loading objects. After sitting at the Map selection menu, you will see the Sqlite error and it won't go away.

This is a pretty good guide.

I think it works. Because I had this issue for a long time and I noticed that the Sharing and Permissions for everyone was only "Read."

And if this doesn't resolve the issue the database is probably corrupted.
Simplest fix is simply deleting it.

Yes, if it doesn't work, reinstall everything Blockland related, just save your Add-Ons folder and Saves...and Screenshots if you want, but that goes without saying.

Yes, if it doesn't work, reinstall everything Blockland related, just save your Add-Ons folder and Saves...and Screenshots if you want, but that goes without saying.
Actually no, just the cache.db has to be removed.

Actually no, just the cache.db has to be removed.
Removing really doesn't do anything except reset it's properties to default and make you lose it all.

Removing really doesn't do anything except reset it's properties to default and make you lose it all.
Actually, that's not true.
The cache.db actually has nothing at all to do with preferences. It only saves the add-ons that servers causes you to download.
However, it can get corrupted for various reasons and when that happens the easiest fix is to simply remove it.

Actually, that's not true.
The cache.db actually has nothing at all to do with preferences. It only saves the add-ons that servers causes you to download.
However, it can get corrupted for various reasons and when that happens the easiest fix is to simply remove it.
When did I insinuate that it had anything to do with prefs?

Also, it does not get corrupted by regular playing.

When did I insinuate that it had anything to do with prefs?
You talked about properties, and then I assumed you meant prefs. If not, then sorry, I misunderstood.
Also, it does not get corrupted by regular playing.
It doesn't get read-only by regular playing either.
However, it can get corrupted by hdd-failures, etc.