Author Topic: Give Dropshock clips to play for his website!  (Read 1019 times)

If you've been to my website, (if you haven't click here) you might have noticed that it's lacking quite a few clips to play. In total, there's three clips there. It randomly picks between them. So, as a result, I've chosen to ask you, the community, for clips to play on my website!
Please, please read all of these rules before uploading a clip!
Rules:
  • Please, don't use a terrible file hosting service. No RapidShare, anything like that. Filesmelt and Mediafire are both solid hosting websites.
  • No long clips. No, you can't give me a 12 minute long clip. Or 5 minutes. I'd say the max length is going to be a minute to two minutes. I might accept longer ones.
  • Edit your video! Don't send me an entire video to be converted. Please trim the video to the part which you want, else it shall be ignored.
  • Keep the file size to a minimum, but it can be any file type. Avi, mpeg, wmv, etc. I can convert them into flvs to play on the website.
  • No idiotic, pointless, or stupid clips. If you're unsure if your clip fits into those three categories, post what it is. Although, I'm the one who has the say in this so don't necessarily always listen to others telling you if it's alright to upload.
  • No, it does not have to be about Adventure Time. It can be anything.
  • Search through the topic and see if your clip has already been posted.
  • No clips just about you! Please! As in, I don't want your life story in video format for others to watch! That's boring. Also, no boring clips. Thanks.
  • I have the ability to either use your clip or to not use it, so if your clip doesn't end up being uploaded, please don't whine, or complain.
  • DownloadHelper is a wonderful add-on for Firefox which allows you to download any video you would like off of Youtube, or any other video-hosting website. Vimeo, etc.
  • No inappropriate clips. If you do upload something that breaks the rules of these forums, I obviously won't use it.
That's it. Include the link to the file in your post, and maybe give a short description of what it is and why you want it on the website, but that isn't required.
If this topic doesn't get enough submissions, I'll probably just lock it or something. If I get a lot of requests for a lot of videos at once, I may also lock it to prevent more submissions so I can convert and apply the changes to the website to allow it to be played. Although, I don't expect this topic to get too many posts.

I AM THE LAW!

http://www.mediafire.com/?5o717lwwv3e44tc
One minute and four seconds.
That is awesome. I am so using that :D
edit: whoop whoop whoop Frontrox's video has been added
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:21:51 AM by Dropshock »

You're site does nothing but show an image, like at the start of a video, am I missing something here?

You're site does nothing but show an image, like at the start of a video, am I missing something here?
You probably have a slower connection and it's still loading the video. Let it load.

Sorry, not going to use this. It's got a watermark on it.
Oh wat, thats stupid :c
Let me find something to edit it.

Sarge's clip is up. Frontrox fixed his video but it cut off so I didn't include that.

Added a few extra clips I made myself

So it's like Best 404 Page Ever except it's collaborated by the community? Interesting.

TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHER forgetER.

Working on grabbing the files via a php file instead of using random numbers. This leads me one step closer to allowing users to upload content themselves.