Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making CI's for any weapon! (Using GIMP and blender)  (Read 6055 times)

Making ci's
First off select your model

Second recolor it to the color you want

Third of all render your model (the little image thing in the corner in blender)

Bring it in to gimp

Next add transparency to the image,but first make sure you delete the gray before you add the transparency or it will give it a white ring around the model.

Then just resize the image to what you feel is right.
I hope this tutorial helped a small amount on your knowledge with ci's using GIMP 2 and Blender 2.49.
Covers the basic stuff I was talking about in gimp in this tut
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:38:46 PM by Shocked »

Very nice. I could use this very much.

Very nice. I could use this very much.
Thanks,anything else?

This is a bad tutorial for many reasons. You can render transparency IN blender, not needing to use the wand to crop anything out, and in order to make it fit in with other icons, feathering and outlining is required as well, though I know not how to do either.

This is a bad tutorial for many reasons. You can render transparency IN blender, not needing to use the wand to crop anything out, and in order to make it fit in with other icons, feathering and outlining is required as well, though I know not how to do either.

I'll experiment with the outlining to see what I get.

Tips on angeling?
What do you mean,like in blender?
I'll experiment with the outlining to see what I get.
Also that would be lovely for me also,if you can find the trans option that would be amazing.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:09:05 PM by Shocked »

Why not just get the model in-game, get it in front of a blank screen of a certain colour, E.G; green.
Delete the green and then make the image black and white with an effect and then add a red colour?

Why not just get the model in-game, get it in front of a blank screen of a certain colour, E.G; green.
Delete the green and then make the image black and white with an effect and then add a red colour?

It's easier to do it this way, and less time consuming if you do it right.

It's easier to do it this way, and less time consuming if you do it right.
It also is much better quality and has better colors.

For CI's, you should add a faint black outline to match the default CI's.

For CI's, you should add a faint black outline to match the default CI's.
I don't know how to do that in GIMP 2

I know how to add the outline

Sure it looks cool at that size, but when you scale it down to the correct size.

Not so hot anymore. I prefer just creating the CI by hand.

Just hold shift while using the pencil to outline, try to always use lines to make it look better.