Author Topic: United States Government Shut Down_What is going on D:  (Read 7006 times)

What is going on here :C

my dad is in the military D:  I think it is time to move to a different country. Anyone I can bunk with?

Lol in the event of a shutdown there won't be any chaos like you're thinking.

OMGOHNOEZTehGOVERNMENTZISSHUT TINGDOWN!!1!

I ain't goin nowhere.

This isn't that bad, and it's happened before. My mom works for the Internal Revenue Service, and she says this has only happened for about 3 or 4 days. It's because the GOP is being really stubborn, in my opinion.

Don't worry, bro. It's fine.

I wasn't thinking about chaos, but if my dad doesn't get paid we wont have any money at all :'(

excuse me i'm a shut-in; what's going on.

The Republican and Democratic parties are squabbling over a spending bill, and because of this funding is slowly being lost. Tomorrow, if they don't resolve this, the contingency plan will be launched, and the non-vital employees of the federal government will be temporarily fired, per se. After this is all over, people will go back to work.

WikiRips
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_shutdown
This is what "shut-down" means for the government.

The Republican and Democratic parties are squabbling over a spending bill, and because of this funding is slowly being lost. Tomorrow, if they don't resolve this, the contingency plan will be launched, and the non-vital employees of the federal government will be temporarily fired, per se. After this is all over, people will go back to work.
oh loving wonderful.
goddamn this country is really falling to stuff nowdays.

basically the government won't have the right to spend money after midnight on friday night. no one will get fired, because re-hiring that many employees would forget everything up, but they won't get paid either.

I BETTER GET MY GOD DAMN TAX RETURN BEFORE THIS stuff GOES DOWN

only the 5th time in 20 years its happened. never lasted more then few short weeks.
lol so what. its just a matter of paychecks for government jobs. military dont stop

I'm guessing this is why the flag is half-cast?

doubt it... you put the flag at half mast to honor dead people. our budget might be dieing but it isnt a person.

Ohmy. :c

I don't think military services are considered "non-esential" to the government, though, so I don't think you have to worry over that.

Not even close, friend. :I

The Government ran out of money.  Don't worry, Obama will create some magical thing that will save us

For the time being.

No one's getting fired, no one needs to worry about getting fired. You just won't get any paychecks. No one will. Because the government will no longer have the right to spend money.