Poll

Should I include alternate models to be toggled on/off in the RTB prefs? (will be more blockland-style, but it'll take longer for me to release this because I need to make the models)

Totally worth the time. Yes.
12 (54.5%)
Yes.
5 (22.7%)
Doesn't matter to me, as I won't be using them.
2 (9.1%)
No.
0 (0%)
No, it's a waste of time.
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Link's Awakening weapons/tools + sound pack, music pack, and brick pack  (Read 5752 times)

Optional-to-read text below, go under the line for more on-topic things

I've just beaten LA for the first time. It's the second game I've ever played (the first being Mario Paint on the SNES), but I never could get past the second dungeon. Well, after nearly a decade, I've got it on my 3DS, and I've completed it in 3 days, being the complete no-life I am. Either way, this game was extremely touching. The scenario after you walk into the southern Face Shrine and kill the miniboss there, where you grab the key and notice the writing on the wall, really hit me hard. It was unexpected, and a total plot turn. The ending itself was very sad. If any of you aren't going to play this game or haven't finished, and wouldn't even care to play the game in the first place, it's at least worth it looking up the story for it, or gameplay on YouTube.

Anyways, I've got to thinking...
Why aren't there many (if any) LoZ-based weapons/tools? Sure, some may immediately point me to the default Sword, or even that one shield add-on, but that's not much at all, really. I'm talking about a full-out Zelda pack, containing all of the weapons and tools from a game. What I'm thinking of doing myself is creating the weapons and tools from Link's Awakening for use in Blockland. I'm doing it right now.

If a weapon is completely finished, it will have a check () next to it. If otherwise, there will be an . If a weapon does not have a level 2 version, there will be an next to it. You can click any weapon that is complete to see a preview of its model.

The shields include RTB prefs for whether or not they reflect projectiles. In default, the LV2 shield (which is, in fact, the Mirror Shield) reflects, and the LV1 shield doesn't.

Not sure whether or not I should include RTB prefs for ammo, too, but my idea would be, for each weapon that uses ammo:
Use Ammo (boolean)
Ammo (integer)

Like said in the title, there will be the including of a sound pack, a music pack, and brick pack. Some bricks will be modeled, and some textured. There will be a chest brick, as well.

I'm between either modeling custom player/enemy models or just leaving it to the players to use the non-custom playertype along with standard bots for enemies. I'd like some input.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:56:00 PM by YoshiDude »

Man. That is a great game. And maybe you could use the top-down player and a sword that has similar animations. Maybe right-clicking makes you spin. That would be pretty cool.

Man. That is a great game. And maybe you could use the top-down player and a sword that has similar animations. Maybe right-clicking makes you spin. That would be pretty cool.

Maybe an edit of the top-down playertype, replacing the dts with a sprite?

Maybe an edit of the top-down playertype, replacing the dts with a sprite?
Well, I just think it would be good to just have something thats still blocklandy, but similar to Link's Awakening...

Well, I just think it would be good to just have something thats still blocklandy, but similar to Link's Awakening...
That's understandable. What I'm saying isn't necessarily what I'm going to do. I'm only thinking out loud.

EDIT2: I've kinda waited 2 hours for anybody's input, so I guess I just decided to make no hand and hide the real one.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:02:55 PM by YoshiDude »

Minecraft much?
Not really. Minecraft's models don't have depth. They're rendered in cubes, pixel by pixel.
It actually has depth, if you didn't notice. The center pokes out a little.

EDIT: How am I going to do the spin attack?

>wait 14 hours
>look at topic
>no replies

what
4chan sucks

So far on the sword, I have the swing and charge animations, but, like I said, no idea what to do for the spin attack.

EDIT: Actually, maybe I should make it do an uppercut of some sort, instead. Something that still looks (and is) powerful though.

EDIT2: Finished the sword. Just gotta mess with the CI and icon.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:08:54 AM by YoshiDude »

What about making the shields, like you pick them up and then you click it to use it, kinda like that old armor thingy so you can use it with a sword, and make the level 1 and level 2 shields where the level 2 reflects projectiles.

What about making the shields, like you pick them up and then you click it to use it, kinda like that old armor thingy so you can use it with a sword, and make the level 1 and level 2 shields where the level 2 reflects projectiles.

That was just what I was thinking, aside from the "use with sword" thing. Not really sure how I could implement that.

That was just what I was thinking, aside from the "use with sword" thing. Not really sure how I could implement that.
Maybe you should look at the armor scripts. See if you could find out...

Wow. Is it just me or do my topics never get replies?

I feel so badly ignored.

Wait, did you insert the image and then just make it 3D by pulling that z-axis stuff? I love you.

Wait, did you insert the image and then just make it 3D by pulling that z-axis stuff? I love you.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I did it.
love you too