3 (5.8%)
Thank you! Thank you!
5 (9.6%)
Ehh I'll try later
5 (9.6%)
Deserves a sticky
17 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: How to make Blockland music: Tutorial/Help Topic [Keep this topic Bumped please]  (Read 8969 times)

How to make your own music for Blockland; Eight easy steps.

First, download Audacity. (That was easy, if you already have it; Great!)

Open up the mp3 in Audacity. This can be from iTunes or anywhere. If you need it from a YouTube video(This is the most popular way) then I'll show you how.

Go to the YouTube video. Copy the URL link in the bar in your browser.
Example:

Go to ListentoYouTube.com Then, paste your link in the box. Then click GO
Example:

It should look like this while loading:

Download where it looks like this...

Click on download mp3 and save it where you wont forget it.
Then, open up on your desktop, Audacity. The program desktop icon looks like this:

Open up your file in the program. Then trim the blue bars as needed to make it short. Keep it small as it's for blockland and no one wants to download that crap as quoted by Badspot:
Don't post full songs because...
  1.  No one wants to wait for that crap to download from your server
  2.  I don't want to get beat down by the RIAA

Limit yourselves to looping songs that are < 500kb in size.
When trimming, highlight part of the blue bars, and press delete on your keyboard to cut away. Press ctrl+z to undo. (You should know that) The blue bars are these things:

When done trimming the song, on the left of the blue bars, there is an arrow for a drop bar menu, click on that and press Split Stereo Track.

It should look like this after:

Click on both of those little drop down menus and click on Mono.

Then, you can convert as .ogg by clicking on then press export as ogg vorbis. Then save it to your music folder in Blockland/Add-ons/Music. Now you can share your file or just enjoy it for yourself.

I hope this tutorial helped you guys a lot and if you can't figure something out leave a comment below and I'll get back to you. Don't forget to vote in the poll!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 07:54:05 AM by CookizMonster »

Unprofessional  comment: Fart
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:56:33 AM by CookizMonster »

A good way to preview your loop (in Audacity) would be to hold down Shift when clicking on the Play button, which loops the selection.

amirite?

A good way to preview your loop (in Audacity) would be to hold down Shift when clicking on the Play button, which loops the selection.

amirite?
Or copy the whole thing and paste at the end, because with Audacity's loop function you have to play the whole thing before reaching the end.

It would really help if the music files were checked by someone such as myself before release.

It would really help if the music files were checked by someone such as myself before release.

That's a huge amount of roosteryness right thar.

That's a huge amount of roosteryness right thar.
But no one else spends much time working on music.

But no one else spends much time working on music.

I could if I wanted to.

I could if I wanted to.
But you don't, so you don't have any experience.

The point is preventing people from naming their music in a bad way.

I just realized, I'm older than Kalphiter!
Edit: It doesn't work!
I did everything, the trim, the mono, the export, then I tick it in the bl music list, but it doesnt come up in-game :-(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:43:29 PM by wazbat »

I just realized, I'm older than Kalphiter!
Edit: It doesn't work!
I did everything, the trim, the mono, the export, then I tick it in the bl music list, but it doesnt come up in-game :-(
Same :(

Same :(
You guys are replacing spaces with underscores, right?

for example: "This_Loop_Contains_Underscore s_Where_Spaces_Are.ogg"

Ok it works didnt enable it

mines name is just POTCelectromix.ogg

mines name is just POTCelectromix.ogg
hhhhhhhmmmmmm this might happen the first time just try re-makeing it then it'll work