23 (8.9%)
No way, Jose
13 (5.1%)
I want to run away
24 (9.3%)
I STILL hate Pacnet
96 (37.4%)

Total Members Voted: 256

Author Topic: Pacnet And PNetwork's Dedicated Hosting Service (Free & Easy)  (Read 24640 times)

►Moderator Note
Make sure that you're entering your key into a default installation of Blockland with no add-ons to avoid your key being intercepted or stolen. There is more risk and less accountability with free hosting services.

NOTE: PM ME OR IRC PACNET2010 WITH ALL YOUR SERVER INFO TO GET YOUR SERVER

Contents:
1: About
2: Why Free?
3: Clients
4: The PPDHS Team
5: Register
6: Support/Help
7: Add-Ons?
8: setKey Concerns?
9: Servers
10:Crime Scenes

About
Well, It's finally here! The Pacnet Pnetwork Dedicated Hosting Service (PPDHS)
Is out!
The dedicated hosting service is run by two people. Me who does the documentation and forum threads and pacnet2011 who does the real business.
This is coming from Plainsboro,NJ on a 6x Core Processor computer i am able to use from my mother because she is on a L-O-N-GGGG vacation.
I admit i am stupid with computing, but like i said, i am just the documentation person. And no, this residential gateway DOES NOT suck. It is fiber optics high speed internet through Verizon Fios.

Why Free?
Why free service? You say. Here's why: we know you love to play blockland and do not want to waste your money on some stupid dedicated hosting service, so we are giving you this for free (Registration is required though. :P)
Also, it's really important that we don't deal with angry customers wanting a refund.  It's our top priority to keep our clients under control.
Plus, Neither me or Pacnet has a credit card, and we aren't getting that any time soon. Paypal is not going to help us either.
So enjoy this free service. And keep in mind that just because it is free, doesn't mean it sucks badly.

Clients
Our clients make this service actually mean something. Currently we have none, so yeah. Green = registered, Red = done with this, Teal = Unregistered
-DontCare4Free
-blockhead55
-Crown
-Taboo
-The Corporation
-Wesley Williams
-Killer2 Sorry pacnet banned you from his service :P
-indyjones
-Deve111
-jes00
-Uxie
-BlockStar
-Owl
Remember to register on the registration forum to get you name in green

The PPDHS Team
Well, without our team, this wouldn't be possible!
Pacnet2011 - Dedicated Hosting, Client Support, Manager
PNetwork2011 - Documentation and Forum Threader
hammereditor - Guy who gets quotes

Register
Okay, so how do i sign up? You say. Well, here's how. Just go to this site:
Register Now
Now post a reply with your IRC name, ingame name and forum account name.
After that is done PM me and we will start your server.
Warning: If you are the first person to register, you might experience bugs and errors and the process might take a little longer. Do not worry about it so much though because i used DontCare4Free as a test client.

Support/Help
You can contact Pacnet2010 on IRC for support but here i will list some issues and solutions:
Lag, Then timed out?
This is a runtime error on your server. Runtime errors will happen on your server dependant on what add-ons you wanted.

Add-Ons?
Well, we could only find two ways of getting addons on your server that you want. You can choose either option and here
1: Add-on loader
2: Add-ons automatically come (Give me a list of addons you want and if they are private i will have to receive them from you.

setKey Concerns?
So how will we make this server under your name? Just because this is free doesn't mean you don't get your own "domain name" (The opposite way webs.com works.)
Pacnet's Dedicated Hosting CAN become Rocketdude77's Unlimited Mining through a command called "setKey"
So if you have a keen eye, you may have noticed
Quote from: PNetwork2011
..Key Concerns?
We were planning to use a remote console but we can't find one or make one and obviously kalphiter is no help (He has his own service up and running)
So yes. We have to do this "old school" style.
This can bring up alot of confusion so you will find out what i mean when you are registered, that is if you decide to.
It can be a little dangerous so if you want there are two ways this can go, and you can tell pacnet what way you decide to go.
-100% Trustworthy Way: Do not get your own "domain" and use your server name as something like "Pacnet's and Rocketdude77's Unlimited Mining"
-You might not-want way, but we PROMISE we will not do harm : Do the secret way i was talking about before, the  manual "old school" way :P and get your own "domain"

Servers
List of servers

Quotes And Reviews
(Some of THESE ARE NOT FAKE QUOTES, my brother's friends tried them just once and then canceled their membership just for ratings)
Quote from: Kalphiter
Yeah, this service looks real great. GREAT PING!
Quote from: squigles
A brilliant hosting service-no annoying crashes and FREE!   
Quote from: blockfire67
Pacnet combines free hosting service with very few errors-Kalphiter’s servers cost
Quote from: mr.smiley
The dumbfounded users going to kalphiter’s servers do not know that they have missed out on the real competition!
Quote from: jes00
It's so good it deserves a lifetime supply of cookies!
Quote from: Uxie
I've had some difficulties with this, giving him my [censored]. But atleast the server runs up pretty well once its finally set up.
Quote from: Deve111
This server is great
=D

IRC Channel for PPDHS
There's an IRC channel on the sever irc.centralchat.net
for this PPDHS thing which is under the channel
#ppdhs
You can join it and interact with other clients or reviews or whether to trust getting your own "domain" or if im going to steal your authentication key.
Or whatever.
But there is an IRC channel for this.
And it's #ppdhs.

PPDHS Crime Scenes
Sometimes people hijack another's account and get dedicated hosting "illegally", They may crash a server, whatever he is where we say client's "crime" problems so you can be on the lookout for impersonators and all other crap.
Quote from:  Crime Scene 1
-Crown's impersonator:
Crownn or Crown1 or Crown22
He said "I'm Crown as another name" and stole Crown's service for dedicated hosting.
Using the same addons, T+T and ZAPT he tried to sneak a TDM server but it has been shut down
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:45:18 PM by PNetwork2011 »

inb4kalphiter-rips-him-a-new-one

THE END.
This is where this is going.

Of course then he edits it out =P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:43:32 PM by pecon7 »

I don't get it, you asked someone that you can borrow a dedicated server, and then you're offering free dedicated servers? This is not right...

I don't get it, you asked someone that you can borrow a dedicated server, and then you're offering free dedicated servers? This is not right...
It's not wrong.Trust me.

>offer a server
>website on webs.com

If its free. I will try it!

I suppose I will too, if only to make kalphiter cry.

Same here.
Whenever I host a server, I lag out.

As I said before that I would like to try it. I signed up on your site but im having trouble with it. If its okay with you I will just post info here:
Name ingame: Crown
IRC: Crown
Your site: Crown
BL forums: Crown2

This seems close to advertising other forums.

same, webs is a piece of stuff and you should never use it.
Name ingame: .::Taboo::.
IRC: Taboo
Your site: http://jaycordeiro.co.cc/
BL forums: loving guess

This seems close to advertising other forums.
No. That is because this forum will get overloaded on this topic with post levels at the 600s i cant see people's applications at.