Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 466504 times)

Wait what the.. so ANYONE can load ANY save in ANY server?

If so that's loving abusive and you need to fix it.
If not.. that's loving awesome and you win.

Edit: reading through I'm leaning towards the first option...

That is awful, there is a reason Loading saves is admin only, you stupid kid.  "macros can be spammy" is BS, macros take forever for a regular player to execute if they're that big.  You can easily ban someone before they finish their spam macro and clear their bricks.  however, being able to instantly load masses of emitters, projectiles, bricks and whatever else lags up the server is just horrible.  You can not instantly ban someone and clear their bricks while they load up a build that's in the process of lagging you up.   Have you ever loaded a build you know is laggy?  Yeah, it lags awful while it loads too.  How are you supposed to anticipate someone loading something?

As an active host, the last thing I want is a bunch of forgetass trolls coming into my server and crashing it with this awful mod you've thrown into the world.

You just handed out the ultimate trolling mod to a community of trolls.  Congratulations, Nexus, on the great accomplishment.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:11:04 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

Dedicated server :

Idiot joins game
Idiot uses this
snakees everywhere
No admin
Fail

loving abusive bullstuff, get rid of this

rageedit: somebody make a loving script that disallows macros of over a certain amount of bricks

angryedit
the loving reason so many people wanted this was so idiots or new players could load their bullstuff / default saves onto somebodys loving server. you defeated the purpose of loading bricks for admins. forget all of this.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:30:16 PM by Wehrmacht »

too bad this takes a long time to load

loving abusive bullstuff, get rid of this
1.  /ban name id time reason
2.  admin menu > clear bricks > name > clear

I really dont see how this is that abusive especially since it takes a long time to load and admins can easily clear it all.
If there's no admins on the server, that's the host's problem.

clearly not the answer

I really dont see how this is that abusive especially since it takes a long time to load and admins can easily clear it all.

admins and hosts often go afk for long periods of time
and we don't want to see everyones stuffty saves, people with real skill can rebuild what they made.

admins and hosts often go afk for long periods of time
Then they're stuffty admins or hosts
Anything can be abused

Then they're stuffty admins or hosts
Anything can be abused

this can be easily accessed and abused by tons of players with absolutely no restrictions
it loving loads into other players builds damnit

It's not productive in any way shape or form, saying "you can just ban them" doesn't solve the problem.  Loading was admin only for a reason, this completely defeats the purpose.

Wait what the.. so ANYONE can load ANY save in ANY server?

If so that's loving abusive and you need to fix it.
If not.. that's loving awesome and you win.

Edit: reading through I'm leaning towards the first option...

That is awful, there is a reason Loading saves is admin only, you stupid kid.  "macros can be spammy" is BS, macros take forever for a regular player to execute if they're that big.  You can easily ban someone before they finish their spam macro and clear their bricks.  however, being able to instantly load masses of emitters, projectiles, bricks and whatever else lags up the server is just horrible.  You can not instantly ban someone and clear their bricks while they load up a build that's in the process of lagging you up.   Have you ever loaded a build you know is laggy?  Yeah, it lags awful while it loads too.  How are you supposed to anticipate someone loading something?

As an active host, the last thing I want is a bunch of forgetass trolls coming into my server and crashing it with this awful mod you've thrown into the world.

You just handed out the ultimate trolling mod to a community of trolls.  Congratulations, Nexus, on the great accomplishment.
This doesn't load wrench properties.

There needs to be an add-on now to disable this in servers I would think.

There needs to be an add-on now to disable this in servers I would think.
I would be totally fine with this mod if I could disable it in my server.

This doesn't load wrench properties.
It's still BS.  I don't want people loading crap in my server, that's why loading is Admin Only and that's why I don't give random people admin.