Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 467134 times)

Curses, I just recently thought of this as a project and was planning it out.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:23:40 AM by Dannu »

Curses, I just recently thought of thing project and was planning it out.

If you want, the file manager is totally modular and you can feel free to go ahead and use it in one of your own mods as a resource.

Just call the function promptUserFile( DefaultDirectory, Callback, Mode ) in interface.cs

Code: [Select]
//promptUserFile is the only function your program should need to call
//%default - default directory
//%callback - your function that takes arguments %path and %description
//%mode - modes accepted are "save", "load", "savebls", "loadbls", and ""

function promptUserFile(%default, %callback, %mode)
{

nise work panda man...

For that promptUserFile, can you add a "default file extension" argument? When saving, you would only be able to use that extension and when loading you would only see files with that extension. Thanks!

Also it might be nice to have a version called Support_FileManager or something that doesn't replace the save/load GUIs automatically. It would just be for mods to use the promptUserFile function.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:46:01 AM by Greek2me »

For that promptUserFile, can you add a "default file extension" argument? When saving, you would only be able to use that extension and when loading you would only see files with that extension. Thanks!

Also it might be nice to have a version called Support_FileManager or something that doesn't replace the save/load GUIs automatically. It would just be for mods to use the promptUserFile function.

That's an excellent suggestion, I'll add that.
If you only include the files in the modules folder, that doesn't include the package that replaces the default loading/saving gui so it should be the equivalent of Support_FileManager.

I think on the default load bricks GUI thing it has a option to load the bricks as public, yours or saved owner, I think? I'm not sure if this is added to your or not. But if it isn't, could you add that possibly? Those options are very useful imo.

I think on the default load bricks GUI thing it has a option to load the bricks as public, yours or saved owner, I think? I'm not sure if this is added to your or not. But if it isn't, could you add that possibly? Those options are very useful imo.

Yes, those options are available in the options menu.  I didn't want to put them in the main interface because in my experience I rarely used them and I believe the only reason they were where they were on the default interface was because there weren't enough options to justify a separate options menu.

Looks good. I don't really like how the buttons are stretched out, though.

Looks good. I don't really like how the buttons are stretched out, though.

Which buttons do you mean?  Maybe it's because I've spent too much time working with this same interface I can't really tell what's wrong with the buttons.

What does the color method do by chance?

What does the color method do by chance?
It's the method Blockland uses to load the colors of the build. It looks like Badspot had originally planned it so that you could choose the colormethod from several modes, including adding all of the build's colors to your current colorset or replacing the colorset. 3 was finding the closest matches from your current colorset. It looks like he abandoned it, though.

Just use 3, that's what you would normally be using anyway and I doubt the others work.

Color method 0 also works, but it looks dumb because it basically just pretends your current color set is the same as the one in the file and doesn't change any colors.

In other news: I updated the file manager to version 1.1 Alpha, mostly bug fixes and some minor additions like showing brickcount/filesize under the preview image.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:00:09 PM by Nexus »

No, it's the method Blockland uses to load the colors of the build. It looks like Badspot had originally planned it so that you could choose the colormethod from several modes, including adding all of the build's colors to your current colorset or replacing the colorset. 3 was finding the closest matches from your current colorset. It looks like he abandoned it, though.

Just use 3, that's what you would normally be using anyway and I doubt the others work.

He didn't abandon it, it works just fine. It's just that the only other real color method is usually disabled on servers. Set $Pref::Server::AllowColorLoading to true and try to load a save with a different colorset to be prompted for which color method you want to use.

BUMB!
This amazing mod cannot work for me.
It looks like this,i place a brick then i click load bricks on the buildbot gui,and then when it "loads" it just stop there.
When i press enter on my numberpad it builds a one brick from the save,but if i click it again it does jack stuff.
What is wrong with the mod?