Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 467366 times)

BUMB!
This amazing mod cannot work for me.
It looks like this,i place a brick then i click load bricks on the buildbot gui,and then when it "loads" it just stop there.
When i press enter on my numberpad it builds a one brick from the save,but if i click it again it does jack stuff.
What is wrong with the mod?

To use buildbot, you place your ghost brick on the ground in front of you, then select the file you want to load.  Once the save file has been loaded, then you can tell buildbot to actually build it by clicking the button on the window that pops up that says something along the lines of "Start" or "Resume" depending on your settings.  You should not use any build commands (buttons on your numpad) or turn your character until buildbot is done building, since that will probably just mess up the load.

Can you implement SOME way of applying events better in buildbot?

Can you implement SOME way of applying events better in buildbot?

I am aware that the method is hard to use and has some issues, but given that literally no one has ever complained about it I assumed that no one has actually tried to use it.
Frankly if I do anything with buildbot, I might as well go ahead and rework the whole interface.  Originally it was only supposed to have the file selection, and everything after that has been kinda tacked on.

I second this. A better GUI and event handling would improve the overall buildbot experience.

The file manager has been updated to version 1.2 Full, this update adds file size descriptions and fixes a couple of bugs, including one where uploading to dedicated servers could just crap out sometimes.

Also check out the trailer for the mod here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iONIGizaSjM

Awesome!

For that promptUserFile, can you add a "default file extension" argument? When saving, you would only be able to use that extension and when loading you would only see files with that extension. Thanks!
Did you get around to adding this?

Did you get around to adding this?

I did

Code: [Select]
//promptUserFile is the only function your program should need to call
//%default - default directory, including a default file if you wish
//%callback - your function that takes arguments %path and %description
//%mode - modes accepted are "save", "load", "savebls", "loadbls", and ""
//%ext - file extension to use as a filter, including the period, wildcards accepted.
// Default value is "" and input is ignored if %mode is "savebls" or "loadbls".

function promptUserFile(%default, %callback, %mode, %ext)
{

y u no make it fit the 'new' blockland style
:(

y u no make it fit the 'new' blockland style
:(

Care to explain?  Does this have something to do with blockland glass Advanced Bot's new GUIplus?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:55:16 AM by Nexus »

Care to explain?  Does this have something to do with blockland glass Advanced Bot's new GUIplus?
you know the dropdown menu when you rightclick things
yeah do that with the entire thing

i'm more of a sucker for more simplistic things and what you've got going on is a lot of things, and what would help is to rely on having a GUI that has no shading (the top blue part should just be a solid blue color) and most shapes in the GUI should have edges, not rounded

thats just me, anyway

file manager is amazing

file manager is not saving events regardless of the saving events being turned on
i have the latest version too
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:48:14 PM by -Setro- »

file manager is not saving events regardless of the saving events being turned on
i have the latest version too

If you enable save events, save bricks, then go back to the options, does it show the save events option unticked again, like it automatically turns off when you save bricks?

I've already try saving bricks and look for events. I looked at options, save ownership and save events are checked, but when I look at the saved file. No ownership or events show up.