Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 466805 times)

The File Manager gives me a runtime error when I try to host a server. I could never get past loading music. Deleting Client_NFM fixed the problem instantly.

The File Manager gives me a runtime error when I try to host a server. I could never get past loading music. Deleting Client_NFM fixed the problem instantly.

Can you send me a console log?  If you delete a couple of other addons instead (not just disabling them) does that also fix your problem?

Not sure if you fixed this in File Manager 1.3, but if you're on your own server that's not dedi (dual clienting) and save with the non-host client, events and named bricks will not be there. Considering your "fix" for the dedicated server save issue, i'm not sure if you realized this issue existed lol

Not sure if you fixed this in File Manager 1.3, but if you're on your own server that's not dedi (dual clienting) and save with the non-host client, events and named bricks will not be there. Considering your "fix" for the dedicated server save issue, i'm not sure if you realized this issue existed lol

Wait isn't that exactly what I fixed?

Wait isn't that exactly what I fixed?
i thought you fixed saving on dedicated servers only? or did you basically implement that hacky save method for all save attempts?

i thought you fixed saving on dedicated servers only? or did you basically implement that hacky save method for all save attempts?

My fix was for saving on non local servers.  That includes dedicated servers and joining other people's servers.  If that is not working for you please let me know.

works fine. i noticed theres no scrollbar suupor for the comments section when saving/loading. not 100% necessary, but a nice feature to include

works fine. i noticed theres no scrollbar suupor for the comments section when saving/loading. not 100% necessary, but a nice feature to include

By comments section do you mean the description?  Sure I can see what I can do.

Nexus,your an starfish.
Did i win?

Nexus,your an starfish.
Did i win?

Your grammar is atrocious.

Ou, Nexus is so dumb that... instead of askin fer admun, he decided to put tyme into a mud that could build things. :]

Last chance to report bugs in the file manager and earn game keys.  So far it only looks like two or three people are getting anything.  I'm probably going to update the mod early tomorrow at which point you are too late.

Here, I found a bug in like thirty seconds of trying to break it.
If you have your list size at medium or large and then click "load defaults" and "apply" in the options menu, it doesn't automatically change the list size.  You have to refresh the file list to get it to update.  Bam, easy free game right there.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:09:22 PM by Nexus »

Alright, the File Manager has been updated to version 1.4 (Full) with mostly a couple of minor fixes.  Game keys will be going out to:
K3k0m@n - For finding some issues with TMBI
Honorabl3 - Reminding me that list sizes are a thing
-Setro- - helping to debug a major problem a while back so why not

I'll send you guys PM's and we can figure out how to handle this.

Hey everyone, I have a new mod to show off!
This is the Escape Overlay:

Credit goes to LeetZero for the cool icons

At the most basic level, it is a fancy replacement for the default Escape Menu, but it is also so much more than that.  It is super customizable and lets users create custom buttons to some pretty cool stuff.  Instead of needing to remember twelve million different keybinds to open various GUIs, manage your field of view, or play tetris, you can make buttons on your Escape Overlay.  You can also open the Escape Overlay in the main menu, so you don't need to join a server to use it.

Additionally, mod developers can have buttons automatically placed on the overlay with just a few lines of code, just like making a keybind.  Both TMBI and the File Manager create such buttons.  Just place something like the following in your code:
Code: [Select]
$neoName[$neoCount] = "Button Name";
$neoCmd[$neoCount] = "my_command();";
$neoIcon[$neoCount] = "add-ons/my_addon/icon.png"; //defaults to a question mark otherwise
$neoCount++;
And you are good to go!

Some more pictures I put together

Creating a Custom Command

More right click Context Menus!

An extensive Options Menu

There is no such thing as too much customization

Without further ado, I present:

Download Client_NEO v1.0 Beta

Also I updated the file manager to version 1.41 with some more minor bug fixes