The Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye - MEGATOPIC

Author Topic: The Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye - MEGATOPIC  (Read 3897 times)

The Transformers Megatopic!
This thread is for all discussion of Transformers, the television series from the 1980's.

+What Are Transformers?+
As a quick summary, Transformers were a line of toys created by Japan but popularized in the US in the 1980's. Producers in the US created a plotline and cast of characters behind a set of toys that could change from robots to jets, cars, dinosaurs, and more simply by manipulating them in the right fashion. They were the gem of many people's childhood in the 80's, and now the awesome TV series based on the fascinating toys is celebrating 25 years (as of 2009, actually). The show revolves around transforming robots that have come to Earth from their home planet of Cybertron. The good guys, Autobots, are fighting the bad guys, Decepticons, and keeping them from destroying the Earth. The power hungry Decepticons are taking any measures necessary to harness the energy of the Earth, and eliminate the Autobots. The Autobots won't go down so easily though...

+Where Can I Watch The Series?+
If you're a member of Costco, they're selling every season of the show for 18 bucks a volume. Each volume contains at least 25 or so episodes, and the first season includes some cool bonus features. You can probably find clips from the show (at the very least) on youtube to see if it's a show that interests you.

+List of (main) Autobots+
  • Optimus Prime
  • Hound
  • Ironhide
  • Jazz
  • Bumblebee
  • Prowl
  • Ratchet
  • Sideswipe
  • Sunstreaker
  • Trailbreaker
  • Wheeljack
  • Brawn
  • Cliffjumper
  • Huffer
  • Beachcomber
  • Paraglide
  • Grimlock - Dinobot
  • Slag - Dinobot
  • Sludge - Dinobot
  • Snarl - Dinobot
  • Swoop - Dinobot/li]

+List of (main) Decepticons+
  • Megatron
  • Starscream
  • Rumble
  • Soundwave
  • Thundercracker
  • Skywarp
  • Sunstorm
  • Laserbeak
  • Rumble
  • Ravage
  • Bombshell - Insecticon
  • Kickback - Insecticon
  • Shrapnel - Insecticon
  • Scrapper - Constructicon
  • Scavenger - Constructicon
  • Bonecrusher - Constructicon
  • Hook - Constructicon
  • Astrotrain - Multi-changer
  • Shockwave

+What Are You?+
(list of forum autobots/decepticons)

Forum Autobots
  • Trifax
  • Coolio
  • Man 2

Forum Decepticons

+Intro Themes+
    Season One
    Season Two
    Season Three
    Season Four

+Movie+
    The Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Note: Please do not talk about the Michael Bay movies in this topic.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:08:40 AM by Trifax »

Hot damn, I'm jumping on board. Add the 1980 movie too.

I love the movie, it kills a stuff ton of autobots and decepticons and adds new ones.

I love the movie, it kills a stuff ton of autobots and decepticons and adds new ones.
    inb4decepticon

I don't do fads.
    Owait...
    My avatar...
    Okay, fine i'll watch the show.

This isn't supposed to be a fad, it's supposed to be discussion of a really awesome show.

Also, if you're a decepticon or an autobot let me know and I'll add you to the list of forum autobots/decepticons.

Also, if you're a decepticon or an autobot let me know and I'll add you to the list of forum autobots/decepticons.

What if I want to be Unicron?

What if I want to be Unicron?

You don't deserve to be Unicron.

Also 1986 movie is one of the best movies I've ever seen (though I rarely watch movies).

Hooray, A topic that finally involves Decepticons. c:

You don't deserve to be Unicron.

Yes I do, I eat planets.

THE FIRST PICTURE HAS BEEN FIRED!