My Ps3 Won't read games anymore.

Author Topic: My Ps3 Won't read games anymore.  (Read 3494 times)

It all started today about 3 hours ago when playing borderlands With my friend He was the host. After a while he wanted to install Moxie's underdome riot For bank space So he quit the game without telling me to leave It Froze my screen No big deal Until i tired turning it off It passed 5 Min's without turning off. After that I just turned it off With the Switch in the back and turned it back on Everything was normal until It spent about 10 Min's trying to load the icon of the game ( I was in the bathroom). So i turned it off And same problem It won't load the icon of the disk to Start the game However It does inject and insert games perfectly And I can start Games I Downloaded from the store And it works fine Right now I am waiting a few hours before I restart it and Try anything you guys tell me to see if it works.

Now if Nothing works You guys think I could scam gamestop Trading in my PS3 for a slim? I would play the difference if it is anything My PS3 Is an 80 GB fat 2007 model (I think) Thanks for any help You guys give It would be very helpful right now.

Thanks
Tl;dr: Ps3 won't read games after it froze Help.

Well turning it off from the back is a bad idea.
You should either hold down the power button for 5 seconds or do it from the menu.

I would try reseting it a few times before trying to trade it in at gamestop.

Um I did do that It won't turn off After 5 Full minutes And IT Froze so I couldn't use menu :/

Um I Think U Should Go Get A New One Because It Sounds Like It Can't Be Fixed Without A Hammer Involved In The Process

Man You people don't read. I can Start it up Everything works I can even play Downloaded games from the store BUT Disc Games Won't load it won't let me play any of them.

Sorry for double Post. But You guys think I can scam gamestop to in trading my broken and useless Ps3 for a slim? Or atleast get it cheaper?

I had this too and I just reinserted the disc a few times until it worked.

Your disk drive is probably broken.
No game store will accept that.
You need to get it fixed or throw the PS3 away.
:/

oh and see if you can save your HDD to
does the motor work?

How can A simple freeze Break a disk drive ?

Sorry for double Post. But You guys think I can scam gamestop to in trading my broken and useless Ps3 for a slim? Or atleast get it cheaper?
no

How can A simple freeze Break a disk drive ?
The game could've froze because the disk drive broke.
And broken disk drives can't read games.

The game could've froze because the disk drive broke.
And broken disk drives can't read games.
pretty sure we all ready established this