Author Topic: The Taking of Isar [Episode 3 of 3] [Mini-series]  (Read 24283 times)

Three episode mini-series.

Overview of the Series
Loosely based on a true Blockland story. A group of elite criminals take over a New Years Eve party at Isar Tower, in attempt to blackmail the host out of money. When the guests catch on, the party deteriorates into a fatal hostage situation.

Starring the voices of Raeyok, Audax, DrPepper, IcyGamma, TomTheGeek, Daffy.  

If you liked the intro music you can download the OGG for in-game, made at request.

Episodes
This is a mini series that will be released as three episodes over the same number of weeks. Like in real television, each week there will be a new episode according to NZDT time (edit: the series has ended, all episodes were made-- view below).

Episode 1 - The Composer
Synopsis: A criminal team prepare plans to target IcyGamma at an acclaimed VIP event.
Runtime: 12:50
Release Date: 23rd July 2011
Click here to watch
Seen the movie? Click here to see episode 1 trivia and goofs (spoiler alert).

Episode 2 - Hornets Nest
Synopsis: IcyGamma loses control of the party and is threatened to pay out the terrorist group to leave.
Runtime: 10:00
Release Date: 29th July 2011 (scheduled 30th July 2011)
Click here to watch
Seen the movie? Click here to see episode 2 trivia and goofs (spoiler alert).

Episode 3 - Peractio
Synopsis: Gammer's violent side emerges as he is forced to resort to plan B. Meanwhile, a previous mistake puts the operation at risk of exposure. Series finale.
Runtime: 12:06
Release Date: 9th September 2011 (overdue production time)
Click here to watch

*The release dates are based on predicted linear dates for the final, uploaded production to be displayed online. Being a Blockland project, this date is subject to change in the event of production halts.

The True Story
The Taking of Isar Tower is loosely based on a true story that occurred in 2010, when a player known as GammerMunchy snuck into a New Years Eve party at Isar Tower under an alias name (after he was cleared from the ban list by accident) and stole a copy of the build. He then proceeded to host it using the ingame name LcyGamma, claiming the stolen copy which was badly broken due to mod incompatibility was the real build, which caused damage to the project.

Certain events, dates, and characters have been tweaked and / or sensationalized.

IcyGamma's YouTube
Due to a damaging and large digital footprint, IcyGamma cleared his YouTube channel early 2011 and locked it down for several months. He is now in the process of rebranding it as a channel specifically for ISeeGamma Studios and non-comedy productions, to give more diversity to Blockland's movie 'industry' if you will.

Liked this series? Then you may like IcyGamma's 20 minute original drama movie "Thereafter" released in 2010. Click here to see more.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:25:09 PM by Sheath »

Meh. Boring in my opinion. Does Mr. Damien the Invitation Handler have something to do with me?

Does Mr. Damien the Invitation Handler have something to do with me?

No, just seemed like a good name.  :cookieMonster:

I should add, this requires a more highbrow viewer who can tolerate something other than e-comedy.

I support this 100%.

The intro can get a little...cheesy, I guess, but it's better than what I've seen. I love the voice acting, it's very good. And holy shoot, I never knew you(?) had a slight moderate British accent.

The part from 7:07 to 7:15 looks slightly awkward, since...the guy is just looking the same direction the entire time. Another problem is that in multiple scenes (one where they all meet on the street) is that there's a lack of movement...though I wouldn't know how to improve it.

Overall, one of the best BL videos I've seen.

Meh. Boring in my opinion.
Go watch Eksi's videos.

Thanks Quantum

I'm British born but my accent has been turned into a New Zealand hybrid after 10 years of living there. :P

What's my role again?

Meh. Boring in my opinion.
This will likely be the most boring one, as it is just plot development.

Edit: It didn't feel like 12 minutes, felt much shorter.

That's a good sign. :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 09:49:23 AM by TheKhoz »

Camera could be more smooth but other than that it was great

Oh look

more about that same tower
Could you possibly drag it out any more?

I think the criminals have the right idea.

Oh look

more about that same tower
Could you possibly drag it out any more?
Don't a be a douche about it.

He wants to do it, it is being done, and being done well.

No reason to hate it.

lol 3:16 - BARNABAS STREET
:D

lol 3:16 - BARNABAS STREET
:D
The showroom is in the intro, and I was the last person (and first) to be in the showroom, so I am included too. c:

Heh, and i also saw another one: HELL STREET. I think that was it. But i didn't see your sign Pi :C

Looking great Icy, can't wait for Episode 2.