Author Topic: Blockland Minecraft Server: Hunger Games  (Read 10017 times)

BLOCKLAND MINECRAFT HUNGER GAMES

Thought:

Alright, I happened to stumble upon an explanation of a game for Minecraft; the game being based of the Hunger Games. I thought this would be perfect for a Blockland community Minecraft server.

Explanation:

TL;DR: Players are placed in a 250x250 or 500x500 map and it's a free-for-all. There can be alliances and such though, you will never know when you will get backstabbed as the last person alive wins. If you die, you are out of the competition. Last person alive wins, prize is to be decided later. Cheating, this includes using F3, will result in an automatic disqualification.

Note: We will be following the rules above as best as we can. There may be a few minor alterations but that will be it. If there is a minor alteration, I will inform all the players via topic update.

Time:

Now, I am aiming to have this take place on August 20th, around 9:00 am PDT or 12:00 pm EDT.

Player List:

Games Keeper:
Daenth
Lilrobot [Games Keeper after death.]

Players [16]:
Lilrobot
Clutchy/Yogamoanyo
Xavit
Scream
Showdown [Spartan923]
Kohna14 [Rugged]
DuckInvaders [Unwritten Calendar]
Zappyspdo [Fire paw]
Sonyy [Sony]
masterockets
DrCoxLove [Davy]
JJA79 [JJA0]
DCB2011 [carolcat]
Howoriginal [kakashi11]
Cyborg_Nikki [Nikki]
Zuero
RingsofSaturnBL [Comatose]

Reward:

Currently, it appears as if TF2 items will be the prize.

Please add Daenth to your Steam friends list and submit your "bets" to him before the competition! The winner will win the $10 game and/or TF2 items (to make the stakes higher). If the player does not play TF2 or does not want the items, he can return all the items to the original owner (will be done by me) or he can give them to the player who lasted the second longest.

Options so far:

If we do the bet idea, everyone could put in $1 to $10 into a Paypal account, this being optional, but the winner would take all. People who donate and win would get 100% of the money. If you didn't donate, you get 50 to 75% of the money and the rest goes to the second longest lasting person.

The second idea, the winner would get $10 amount of Steam games from me.

another idea could be putting up some TF2 items

To sign up, just post here and if you can make the time schedule or not. If a majority cannot make the time schedule then I will adjust it to fit as many players as possible.

If you want to join, sign up by 8:00 AM PDT!

Recommended Format:
Minecraft Name:

Can you make the time schedule?:

If not, about what time can you play?:

What would you choose for your reward?:

Would you be able to contribute toward your choice of reward?:

What game mode addition would you like? [If none, replay with "none" in this question]:

Other Info

We will be playing on a 500x500 (fairly small with this amount of players) with random King of the Hill moments. We will be playing with a hunger mod (text based with command to tell you how hungry you are), a local chat mod, a name hider mod, border mod, and other mods to help the game keeper (me) run the game. Contestants will be whitelisted to prevent other players from joining and the IP will be put on this topic.

Cheaters will be banned on sight. Cheating in any way is prohibited in this competition.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:59:52 PM by Daenth »

actually, you know, we should flat-out play this on blockland

someone could get a map together and everything

note to self: buy minecraft as soon as possible i really wanna do this.

i suggest that if we have say, 8 players do teams of 2 and so on.

actually, you know, we should flat-out play this on blockland

someone could get a map together and everything
The point of the Hunger Games is to survive in a Wilderness like enviroment with the basic survival skills in play. I don't think you could replicate this in Blockland.

sounds fuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Ill play
Showdown is my minecraft name

The point of the Hunger Games is to survive in a Wilderness like enviroment with the basic survival skills in play. I don't think you could replicate this in Blockland.
you could, i think

i would suggest using salvage mod though rather than flat out building

Ill play
Showdown is my minecraft name
Fill out the template and I'll add you.

Minecraft Name: Scream_12589

Can you make the time schedule?: If it's on the 20th or 21st, yes.

If not, about what time can you play?: See above~

What would you choose for your reward?: Steam doesn't work for me, so yeah

Would you be able to contribute toward your choice of reward?: See above, although I'd be glad to donate anything else.

What game mode addition would you like? [If none, replay with "none" in this question]: none

Minecraft Name: Showdown

Can you make the time schedule?: Almost any time after 2 PM to 5 AM Eastern until school starts

If not, about what time can you play?: Definatly around 5 PM

What would you choose for your reward?: Depends on what

Would you be able to contribute toward your choice of reward?: $2 on my steam account

What game mode addition would you like?: Double Up and Mini Hunger

Minecraft Name: Kohna14

Can you make the time schedule?: Yes

If not, about what time can you play?: Anytime after 7:00pm EST

What would you choose for your reward?: Cheap steam game

Would you be able to contribute toward your choice of reward?: Some leftover money from my paypal.

What game mode addition would you like? [If none, replay with "none" in this question]: Maybe Double Team.

Minecraft Name: DuckInvaders

Can you make the time schedule?: Just about all day. 11 AM - 1 AM, PST. In other words, yes.

If not, about what time can you play?: --------

What would you choose for your reward?: A tf2 hat.

Would you be able to contribute toward your choice of reward?: TF2 items.

What game mode addition would you like?: Double Team, mini hunger games, and night of horrors.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:56:24 AM by Unwritten Calender »

Minecraft Name: LilRobot

Can you make the time schedule?: forget YEAR

If not, about what time can you play?: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would you choose for your reward?: probably some tf2 items

Would you be able to contribute toward your choice of reward?: a vintage tf2 item

What game mode addition would you like? [If none, replay with "none" in this question]: none you son of a bitch
well maybe double team

Just took Lil's idea for the TF2 items.

Minecraft Name: Zappyspdo

Can you make the time schedule?: Maybe

If not, about what time can you play?: Any time I am home

What would you choose for your reward?: A strange weapon/Hat

Would you be able to contribute toward your choice of reward?: Vintage kritzkrieg

What game mode addition would you like? [If none, replay with "none" in this question]: None