Author Topic: My friend is trying to set me up for a blind date  (Read 2242 times)

I dont know how to tell her that i dont want to date anyone right now, I recently broke up with this guy and I'm still kind of crushed about that.  I know she's only trying to help me, but she wants me to go out with some kid i never even heard anything about.
This is how it started:
two of my friends (i'll call them a and b) and I were going to make plans to go somewhere, and 'b' suggested a movie. 'a' started to say how she'd invite some people (we originally didnt invite them), then 'a' said how she knows this guy that would be a good match for 'b'.  I was kind of confused at first at what she was trying to do but then 'a' said "I'm trying to find a good match for you" I knew what she was talking about then. I told her that i wasnt really into blind dating, but then she said, "would u rather go alone?" and I dont want to go alone.

I'm not sure how to tell her that i dont want anyone else to com but the three of us, Im antisocial, so that couple thing most likely wouldn't work; especially when i have not clue of what the guy is like.
any advice on how to tell her that i dont want to go on a date with a guy i dont know

It's not a blind date, you're just chilling with a larger group of people than usual.  If you like the suggested guy, that's great.  If you don't, nothing lost.  Just go for it, imo.

It's not a blind date, you're just chilling with a larger group of people than usual.  If you like the suggested guy, that's great.  If you don't, nothing lost.  Just go for it, imo.
I don't know them, and she said that she was setting us up on dates

I dont know how to tell her that i dont want to date anyone right now, I recently broke up with this guy and I'm still kind of crushed about that.  I know she's only trying to help me, but she wants me to go out with some kid i never even heard anything about.
This is how it started:
two of my friends (i'll call them a and b) and I were going to make plans to go somewhere, and 'b' suggested a movie. 'a' started to say how she'd invite some people (we originally didnt invite them), then 'a' said how she knows this guy that would be a good match for 'b'.  I was kind of confused at first at what she was trying to do but then 'a' said "I'm trying to find a good match for you" I knew what she was talking about then. I told her that i wasnt really into blind dating, but then she said, "would u rather go alone?" and I dont want to go alone.

I'm not sure how to tell her that i dont want anyone else to com but the three of us, Im antisocial, so that couple thing most likely wouldn't work; especially when i have not clue of what the guy is like.
any advice on how to tell her that i dont want to go on a date with a guy i dont know
Be less antisocial and deal with it?
I mean, really, if someone giving you someone to date is your biggest social problem, you're doing better than a lot of people, bro.

I personally hate going alone, so I'd go with the group.

I personally hate going alone, so I'd go with the group.
she meant being the only one with out a date...and to me thats a bit awkward

I don't know them, and she said that she was setting us up on dates
Well it's not a date unless you make it one, right?

Edit:
she meant being the only one with out a date...and to me thats a bit awkward
Oh.  Even still, you don't need to act like he's your boyfriend.  Just see if you like him, it will probably be worth it.

Well it's not a date unless you make it one, right?
what do you mean

does she know that you're still getting over your last boyfriend?

When you see her say that you want it in her pooper with cheese

what do you mean
Well if you go into it with the mindset that it is a date, you will have no fun.  You'll feel a constant social pressure.  Just go into it looking for a friend in the guy, and if you find it, decide whether or not to make a relationship out of it.

This is how it started:

Are you gay, or a girl?

I once went on this blind date

it didn't work out at all lool

I once went on this blind date

it didn't work out at all lool

u got raepd