Poll

-

-
-

Author Topic: {K} Krypt  (Read 89469 times)

For all of those who still don't know, I am NOT Kyzor.

1/16/12 - Skip becomes second Co-Leader of Krypt and is now organizing the clan project. Clan Project "Krypt Crypt" now started.
11/26/11 - All members please read!
11/22/11 - New clan video project started! See projects section.
9/18/11 - See Here for a list of Boardwalk ideas.
9/16/11 - New Topic Created.
8/25/11 - Krypt now has a Steam group. Members, please post the link to your Steam profiles, if you have one, so we can invite you.
8/15/11 - Krypt is now under new leadership. Congratulations to Makanix and TopHat for their victories as leader and co-leader, respectively, in the recent elections. And thanks once again to everyone who voted.
6/17/11 - We have our first scripting member, Brian Smith. Welcome, Brian.
5/16/11 - Everyone please welcome our newest member, HerpaDerp.
3/26/11 - Re-made topic graphics because I didn't like the other recent ones. I think the new ones are really nice, personally.
3/22/11 - New OP theme; every single image has been re-made from scratch (yes I know they're fairly large, I'll consider resizing them sometime but not right now because it's 4 in the morning and I want to go to bed).
3/21/11 - Thread unlocked and we're back in business.
2/1/11 - News cleared.

Krypt is a creative clan focused on several things, including:
  • Building -- Our builds are aimed at modern to near future styles (not space ships, not high-tech laboratories).
  • Film-making -- We here at Krypt take our movie making very seriously.
  • Graphic design -- As the logo suggests, abstract designs are our strong point.
  • Modeling -- Weapons, vehicles, tools, we model them all.
  • Scripting -- This is a new section of Krypt, focused on creating efficient, useful, quality scripts for use in our servers, or for public release.

PM your application to me, or, if it's a build or movie, post it in Gallery with a link to its topic here. I will review your application and either approve or reject it within a week.

Building applications:
Number of bricks is not so much a concern here as quality is. As long as your build properly demonstrates your skills as well as the overall theme of the clan (modern to near future), brick count is not an issue. Just remember this: quantity ≠ quality. This means that your app could be 10000+ bricks and not be accepted due to lack of quality. Also, please build efficiently. Don't spam your build with 1x1x5s.

Note: You may not receive any help whatsoever from others to make your app. Doing so will result in an automatic rejection and possible exemption from re-applying.

Film-making applications:
If you wish to apply for the film-making portion of Krypt, please provide an example of your skills (a video you've made, uploaded to your favorite video sharing site with the link posted here). Videos must not be some simple Windows Movie Maker creation. This is not to say you cannot use WMM to create videos, just take your time and put effort into it.

Krypt Films Intro

Graphic design applications:
Application requirements for this are slightly more strict. For instance, don't use Paint. Gimp, Paint.NET, and Photoshop are recommended. Basically as long as it's not Paint, you're probably okay. Again, create an application image, upload it to your favorite image hosting site (Photobucket is a suggestion), and post the link here. As previously stated, apps should meet the theme of the clan. Refer to the clan logo if needed.

Modeling applications:
Create a model in your favorite modeling program (Blender and MilkShape are recommended) and post pictures of it here. The model can be anything from a weapon to a tool, so go crazy, but make it look good, and please flatshade it. Add a script to it if you want, but you don't have to.

Scripting applications:
This is a new section of Krypt, devoted to creating useful, efficient scripts for use in our servers, or for public release. For scripting applications, your script obviously must do something useful, and preferably original. If you would like to add a script to a model made by a Krypt modeler as your app, please tell me you're doing so before actually doing it.
Important note: I will be thoroughly checking each and every script submitted as an application, or if you're already a scripting member, every script you create for the clan will also be run through a check by myself. While I do not know much of the Torque scripting language, I know how to read through scripts and check for malicious functions and/or syntax. If I find malicious or exploitative code in your script, you will be permanently removed from the clan and blacklisted if you're a member, and if the script you're using as an app contains malicious code, you will be barred from re-applying and blacklisted.

This section is for displaying add-ons made by Krypt members. If the add-on has a download link, go ahead and download it, no need to ask. If it doesn't, that means it's a clan-only add-on, which means you can't have it, so don't ask.

VTOL by Pi

Omniwrench by Makanix (from the game "Ratchet and Clank")

KrypTech applications:
KrypTech is an entirely separate section of Krypt, devoted to creating top-quality images, builds, models, and, something new, event contraptions. To apply for this section of KrypTech, you must abide by the following criteria:

• If you're creating a build, it must

- Be at least 2,000 bricks
- Have taken you more than an hour to build (there are exceptions to this)
- Receive an approval from all clan administrators
- Have not received any help from others

• If you're creating an image, it must

- Have taken you more than approximately 45-60 minutes (again, there are exceptions to this)
- Have been made with Photoshop (I know this sounds harsh, but unless you can show that you're so good with Paint.NET that you don't need Photoshop to do amazing things, you have to have Photoshop; additionally, while Paint.NET can do some pretty amazing things, it's very difficult to create the same effects with PDN that you can with PS)
- Not be spammed with filters; come on people, filters are nice, but you can do so much without them
- Have a resolution of at least 300 ppi, if your computer can handle that

• If you're creating a model, it must

- Be fairly low-poly, yet still high quality
- Be flatshaded. This is not difficult, so please do it
- Have taken you at least an hour (once again, there are exceptions to this)

• If you're creating an event contraption, it must

- Have taken you at least 45-60 minutes (once again, there are exceptions to this)
- Have at least 50 events, give or take a few depending on what it does
- Not be any sort of thing that simply fires a projectile in a fancy way; sure, those kinds of things are great, but are not acceptable for KrypTech
- Note: For KrypTech event applications, I or my admins will need to either visit your server to look at it, or I'll have you load it in my server, whichever one works for you

If you are accepted into KrypTech, your clan tags shall be {KT}, and you will have a {KT} next to your name in the memberlist.

* KrypTech unfortunately does not accept movies for applications, as it does not have a film-making sub-section. *

KrypTech Leaders:

See here.

• Please, try your hardest to use proper spelling/grammar/punctuation/etc.
  • You represent the clan, which means don't go anywhere and act like an imbecile. You'll most likely get banned anyway if you do this.
  • Clan tags are to be worn as follows: {K}Kyzor
       --If you are in more than one other clan, clan tags may be worn whenever you desire, however, clan tags must be worn at clan servers.
  • And please, respect others.

Members with a "~" will soon be kicked for inactivity.

• Kyzor (leader temporarily inactive as leader, founder, builder, graphic designer) / BL_ID: 11024 {KT} Graphic Design Leader
  • Pi/TheKhoz (member, modeler, builder, admin) / BL_ID: 12406 {KT} Modeling Leader
  • iownu424/Cyanian (member, modeler) / BL_ID: 10314
  • Eksi (member, builder, movie maker extraordinaire, amazing eventer, admin) / BL_ID: 13559
  • Makanix (temporary leader, member, builder, admin) / BL_ID: 2022
  • *Magick* Mage (member, exceptional builder) / BL_ID: 671 {KT} Building Leader
  • Commander TopHat/TheChaosCarrier (co-leader, member, builder, admin) / BL_ID: 8917
  • Treynolds416 (member, modeler) / BL_ID: 4283
  • Nethog/Kojolika (member, modeler) / BL_ID: 20890 {KT} Modeler
  • Kade (member, modeler) / BL_ID: 12958 {KT} Modeler
  • Comr4de (member, builder) / BL_ID: 11152 {KT} Builder / Eventer
  • Gambsy/Tomtom (member, graphic designer, scripter) / BL_ID: 3694 {KT} Eventer
  • Butler/Erythros (member, builder) / BL_ID: 3658
  • Big Brother (member, eventer) / BL_ID: 8294 {KT} Eventing Leader
  • CodyMax (member, movie-maker) / BL_ID: 8294
  • Ipquarx (member, scripter) / BL_ID: 9291
  • Brian Smith (no forum account) (member, scripter) / BL_ID: 8437
  • Skip (co-leader, member) / - BL_ID: 807

This is a new section for clans with whom we've allied. If your clan would like to become an ally with Krypt, simply ask. Your clan must be respectable though; in other words, "1337 mastur cheef clan" cannot be an ally with us.

We help allied clans mainly with builds, as there's not much else with which you can easily help them.

• Kyzor
  • Eksi
  • Makanix
  • Skip
  • Tophat

• Extrude / BL_ID: 15069 "Being a thick-skulled moron."

Topic graphics and Krypt Films intro created by Kyzor. Navigation Bar by Makanix.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:36:10 PM by Xinakam »

Reserved.

For great Krypt Justice.

I saw that ninja.
all i added was "For great Krypt Justice"

not much of a ninjna.

all i added was "For great Krypt Justice"

not much of a ninjna.
I still got the first post aside from the reserve post I already knew was going to happen.
lul

I have revamped the OP a bit. Notice the new Navigation Bar at the top. I felt that people didn't read the OP much because it was a pain to scroll through and find things. Hopefully this fixes it a bit. I also added "Back to Top" buttons so you don't have to scroll back up.

Also, once the server goes up, I'm going to take pictures of the progress and create a new "Projects" section to keep members up to date with the progress even if they can't make it to the server.

Also also, I plan to update the News section more frequently. I'll change the title when I do.

Also.

whatever floats your imaginary boat, skippy.

OKAY SO
FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS.
There has been recent leadership change (totally not obvious) from Kohna as the temporary leader to Makanix as full-time Leader of Krypt.
My position remains the same as Co-Lead.

If you're all interested in how this works out:
Firstly, and this is extremely important: do not tell ANYONE about this message, it is meant to be of the utmost confidentiality.

Secondly, I wish to congratulate Makanix and Tophat, for their victories as clan leader and clan co-leader, respectively.

Now, I want to address something that has grabbed a firm hold of my curiosity. I am placing Kohna as Krypt's leader for exactly one month, beginning August 16th and ending September 16th. At that time, I will replace him with Makanix. Tophat, you will remain co-leader throughout this entire process. The reason I wish to do this is because I want to see how my clan can handle being under the leadership of Kohna for a month. This will be a true test of my clan's maturity and willingness to treat anyone and everyone with the utmost respect, regardless of their actions in the past.

Kohna, I think you already know this, but I expect nothing less than the best with running my clan for a month. I expect you to be a responsible, mature person, and to not let anything anyone says upset you. Anyone who leaves Krypt simply because you're in power will not be permitted to rejoin the clan, not even re-apply.

When I announce the winners of the elections on Monday, August 15th, I want you, Kohna, to act as you would if you had actually won the election. Makanix, I want you to act surprised and disappointed. Tophat, I want you to act happy that you're the new co-leader, but also somewhat miffed because you'll be running my clan alongside Kohna. I really want to see what my clan will do.

Thanks guys, and once again, congratulations to Makanix and Tophat, and also once again, ACT LIKE YOU NEVER RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE.
I felt it necessary to post this being that Kyzor has already revealed the truth.

Another thing to Kohna,

I find it disappointing you won't man up and defend your honor publicly.
pusillanimous individual.

I also like how you completely brown-nose Kyzor as if the rest of us were annoying flies.

AS FOR THE CLAN BUILD
The boardwalk is making gradual progress, but we can only work as long as we have Kyzor to provide us with a steady server.
Screenshots will be posted the next time the server is hosted.

EDIT: forgetsalt makanix beat me to it
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:23:12 PM by TheChaosCarrier »

it's also funny because Kohna's leadership trial would've ended today.

It's September 16th.

Wow. Very clever, Kyzor, very clever. He's learned to test so very well. I've never been prouder of him than I am at this moment. Well played, my boy. :')

Of course, this also means I can no longer fully trust him. Considering what has just occurred, how can I be sure that this is not just some test to see how people would respond to Kyzor doing such a thing? How can we be sure that Kyzor even still exists? Or if he ever existed?! What if this entire clan was just a setup, a scam, a bamboozelment to trick us for some sick series of sociological tests?? D:

that post was not a means of berating Kyzor's trustworthiness.

i'm sure you're just being silly, but still.

that post was not a means of berating Kyzor's trustworthiness.

i'm sure you're just being silly, but still.
Even if it was, It's Mage.

Also, I updated the news. Just the usual "Topic was created" thing. And I pinned the important clan project news until the Projects section is set up.

new forgeted up murder pony avatar get

new forgeted up murder pony avatar get
Everyone seems to be getting those. It's becoming hard to tell posts apart...

everyone is siding with the one and only Pinkamena.
oh how i love the pony thread.
<3