Author Topic: Tactical Emotes - For people who don't like typing. Update preview~  (Read 6124 times)

If you're a lazy forget like me, you probably don't really want to waste time typing in the middle of a fight to ask for help or anything. It's much easier to yell at everyone at the touch of a button.
And thus this add-on was born.

WHAT
it's an emote, so it just spawns particles about you as far as seeing stuff goes. Each emotes has its own straight forward /command and also adds a keybind for you since not typing is the entire point of this. In addition to of course spawning an emote (in the same fashion as /wtf, several bubbles spawned about you), this also sends a team chat message detailing how forgeted you are and what you need. The following are the emotes and their commands.

/back

/go

/dropoff

/pickup

/yup

/nope

/medic

/split

/regroup

a secret

DOWNLOAD
http://www.box.net/shared/207redfizlpm9a3scalb
Big thanks to Munk for helping me sort out some issues with formatting breaking things and the team chat messages.

STUFF TO EXPECT
ADDITIONS
-New emotes: (expect all by v2)
--Incoming
--Enemy Spotted
--Target Lost
--Man Down
--Attack
--Defend
--Help
-GUI (No certain release date if at all possible)
--Use 3-4 simple keybinds to use emotes quickly and easily
--Similar to TF2's Character Voice feature
CHANGES
-Change emitters
--Make particles at least 3 times current size
--Give longer lifetime
--More particles spawned?
FIXES
-Fix /dropoff sprite being a pixel too low

SUGGESTIONS?
If you have an idea, just post here and I'll take a look.
Please note that I am not adding sounds. As far as I know this would require me to change how the emotes work (/alarm is an explosion spawned above the player while this are just emitters on shapes basically) and, for that matter, they sound like absolute crap in first person.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:37:40 PM by .::Taboo::. »

Fancy. May give these a try on my server when I get the chance, would save the numbr of typedeath complaints.

back should point to the left, and go should point to right

looks weird otherwise

back should point to the left, and go should point to right

looks weird otherwise
i'm left handed ;-;
but okay will do

ALSO DISCOVERY OF SECRET EMOTE!!!1
LOOK HOW GOOD I AM AT HIDING THINGS

SUPAR TACTIC00L, uh, emotes..?

Wow these are amazing. Great job!

Taboo I love you in a very non homoloveual fashion.