Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 207515 times)

I have GUI+ and it updated fine for me. But when I updated I got the update screen that looks like the menu when setting up a server.

There's something going on on my server where kill info is being really screwy.  Stop by at some point if you wish to observe it.

No idea what that is.
A friend told me you'd add support for it.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=135573.0

Anyways, it interferes with team chat and OOC when you have teams.

A friend told me you'd add support for it.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=135573.0

Anyways, it interferes with team chat and OOC when you have teams.
Slayer really, really doesn't need support for that. Slayer is about DMs. That chat mod is just useless roleplay stuff that means that nobody on the server can hear you. Greek2me has better things to do with his time, unless he wants to implement it.

There's something going on on my server where kill info is being really screwy.  Stop by at some point if you wish to observe it.

Can you give me more info and a console log? Sorry I can't stop by; my schedule's pretty hectic right now.

I have GUI+ and it updated fine for me. But when I updated I got the update screen that looks like the menu when setting up a server.

Good. That's supposed to happen.

Add-Ons topic posted! All game modes will probably be placed in there.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=256245.0

How's the formatting look?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:16:05 PM by Greek2me »

Does the poll mean you plan on adding sausage to Slayer?

Is there any way to do this?
Just tested infection. Can you make it more editable so we can do something like the halo series' infection where once your infected you don't switch back to the other team?

Is there any way to do this?

So it would be like the Halo zombie mode, where one team is zombies.

How would I determine which team is supposed to be the "infected" team? Do the infected get a bonus of some sort? (they are invisible in Halo)

How would I determine which team is supposed to be the "infected" team? Do the infected get a bonus of some sort? (they are invisible in Halo)
Well, in OMA you did it by team name, though a more elegant solution would probably be adding a way for game modes to automatically generate their own built-in teams to handle in their own way, so you don't have to look them up in every function that does something with them.

By team name "infected", "infection ", zombies.". Or what -Jetz - said.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:28:13 AM by Kevso11 »

Hey Greek, i started fiddling with the bot support you added.
I was kind of dissapointed to not see any team bot holes or such things, but i quickly found out that these bots would spawn as normal players.
I later read about it and noticed you said you would add it later, please do, while an allied team of bots could work for some of my ideas, team bot holes would prove more useful.
Second of all i started fiddling with the pathnodes and the such and i really cannot seem to figure it out correctly.
Do the bots even care about the path nodes?
For all i know they just blindly go headfirst straight from rally point to rally point and if there is none they just idle walk around.
I even put a wall in between my 2 rally points to try to force them to use the path nodes, but they just walked into the wall and tried to climb it.
I forgot to set them on no-jet players at first, so they actually climbed it at first. xD

Anyway, can you give me a hint as to how to use the rally points and path nodes.
If i figure out how to use them, i am considering making a little video about how to use it so other people can see and hear how it works too. :)

Yeah, why did you remove team bot holes? How do you make bots join a Slayer team?

Yeah, why did you remove team bot holes? How do you make bots join a Slayer team?
You get bots in a team if you set preferred players to a number that is higher then the amount of players there are in the team (you can also set the maximum amount of players to 0 to make it a complete bot team).