Poll

?

83 (70.9%)
34 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 204831 times)

Can you give me more info and a console log? Sorry I can't stop by; my schedule's pretty hectic right now.
Nothing's wrong in console.  It's just wonky.  I was using it with Script_AssistKills.

You get bots in a team if you set preferred players to a number that is higher then the amount of players there are in the team (you can also set the maximum amount of players to 0 to make it a complete bot team).
This won't work for my purposes. I want to use bot events on them, but I can't because they don't have a hole. Also, for things like Fort Wars, this REALLY won't work. That's not to say it's a bad feature or the wrong way to do it; it's wonderful for a lot of purposes, just not this one.

And while I'm whining about bots, I'd like to request that you can set the uniforms for players and bots differently. Maybe bots could ALWAYS use Full while players use whatever setting you have on? I want players to be able to keep their avatars without turning bots into shadows.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 05:56:38 PM by TristanLuigi »

You can use the onBotSpawned event on people spawns. Just make sure it's on all the ones bots would spawn at.

You can use the onBotSpawned event on people spawns. Just make sure it's on all the ones bots would spawn at.
That makes my life about ten times easier. Thank you!

Just what i expected actually. :P
But still:
Second of all i started fiddling with the pathnodes and the such and i really cannot seem to figure it out correctly.
Do the bots even care about the path nodes?
For all i know they just blindly go headfirst straight from rally point to rally point and if there is none they just idle walk around.
I even put a wall in between my 2 rally points to try to force them to use the path nodes, but they just walked into the wall and tried to climb it.
I forgot to set them on no-jet players at first, so they actually climbed it at first. xD

Anyway, can you give me a hint as to how to use the rally points and path nodes.
If i figure out how to use them, i am considering making a little video about how to use it so other people can see and hear how it works too. :)

Found a bug, the Disable team chat thing no longer works. I have it on False right now and players are using Team chat.

Just what i expected actually. :P
But still:

Bots do still need a lot of work, but they should function properly. Bots only care about path nodes if they have an objective. Currently, objectives are rally nodes and capture points. (ctf flags coming soon hopefully!) If they have a direct route between two rally nodes, they'll take it. The thing where they tried to jump over your wall appears to be a bug.

Found a bug, the Disable team chat thing no longer works. I have it on False right now and players are using Team chat.
thanks

Ah alright, i see.
Hope you can fix the stuff with the bots, i really would like to play more with them, i certainly see a lot of potential in them. :3

straight from the bot proving grounds

Is the sit glitch fixed where they just make a giant tower on one path node because one bot decided it would be a good place to take a rest?

straight from the bot proving grounds
-img-
Sweet.
Good to see progress! :D

At this point in time, it's more of a chore than a hobby to continue working on Slayer. While this is not the end of development, I'm going to lock this topic for now. Of course, if I'm playing Blockland/Slayer and find something that I want to improve, I'll do it. For now though, I'll likely focus more on the existing Slayer game modes (such as the CTF bots) and getting all of my mods into a stable state. After that I plan to spend more time working on non-Blockland projects.

If there are critical bugs in Slayer or any of my add-ons, please contact me via forum PM or email at greektume at gmail daht com.

Further Slayer discussion can take place here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=256245.0
My mods can be found at http://mods.greek2me.us

Thanks for all of your support. It's been a good three years.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:56:12 PM by Greek2me »