Slayer

Poll

?

83 (70.9%)
34 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 204817 times)

For whatever reason, I've updated slayer on RTB twice I think, and when I got to servers, it says that I haven't updated slayer at all...

Do you think you could add the ability for 1-flag CTF, unless I can do that with events..
This is already added. Just use neutral flags.

miniGameCanDamage() does not seem to work properly. In a TDM it returns 0 in pretty much all cases (Same team, no teams, different teams).
Works fine for me, I was just hosting a TDM. Can you post you console log and then your debug_server.log (found in config/server/Slayer).

For whatever reason, I've updated slayer on RTB twice I think, and when I got to servers, it says that I haven't updated slayer at all...
It seems to be an RTB problem, this has happened to me with other mods. Shoot a PM to Ephi. Until then, try deleting Slayer and reinstalling manually.

Is there a flag capture point? Sorry about so many questions. I dont think my slayer updated correctly.

Is there a flag capture point? Sorry about so many questions. I dont think my slayer updated correctly.
Here's what you do:
1) Plant a flag for each team at their base. These will not be able to be picked up. These should be painted the team colors.
2) Plant another flag. This is the neutral flag. Paint it a color that is not used by any team.
3) In the gamemode options make sure that these checkboxes are enabled: "Allow Neutral Flags" and "Only Allow Neutral Flags".

Works fine for me, I was just hosting a TDM. Can you post you console log and then your debug_server.log (found in config/server/Slayer).
Here you go.

Here you go.
Can you give me the script for the weapon that wasn't working? Were the default guns working?

Can you give me the script for the weapon that wasn't working? Were the default guns working?
Default guns were working. Toxbow is on RTB, but I changed line 374 to if(miniGameCanDamage(%obj,%col)).

I have to be in the minigame just for people to destroy vehicles. They can ride vehicles but not damage them.

Yes I have vehicle damage on.

Default guns were working. Toxbow is on RTB, but I changed line 374 to if(miniGameCanDamage(%obj,%col)).

Fixed. https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/changeset/3e10376e7991

I have to be in the minigame just for people to destroy vehicles. They can ride vehicles but not damage them.

Yes I have vehicle damage on.
Thanks. https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issue/20/unable-to-damage-vehicles-when-owner
EDIT: Does that happen with bricks too?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:04:10 PM by Greek2me »

That doesn't fix it at all.

Yes it does, I tested it. That function is used by the minigameCanDamage function, and it checks whether certain object classes can be damaged. Your object is a projectile. Previously, projectiles returned false. They now return true.

Yes it does, I tested it. That function is used by the minigameCanDamage function, and it checks whether certain object classes can be damaged. Your object is a projectile. Previously, projectiles returned false. They now return true.
Ugh. I thought Slayer's minigameCanDamage comes with friendly-fire-check like in Space Guy's TDM.

Ugh. I thought Slayer's minigameCanDamage comes with friendly-fire-check like in Space Guy's TDM.

It checks for friendly fire in the minigameCanDamage function.

It checks for friendly fire in the minigameCanDamage function.
Well, for me it always returns either 0 or 1. Before I made the changes it always returned 0, after changing it always returned 1.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 07:57:35 PM by Gravity Cat »

Fixed. https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/changeset/3e10376e7991
Thanks. https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issue/20/unable-to-damage-vehicles-when-owner
EDIT: Does that happen with bricks too?

I never tested it out as I've had brick damage off during the minigame.

I got a suggestion for you. So "lives" apply to an individual person such as if I set it to 10 every single person has 10 lives.

Now what if lives applied to the team. Such as if I set 50 lives per team if everyone on that team died about 50 times then the game ends.

Red Dead Redemption did something similar in their siege mode when the attackers had a limited amount of lives as a team.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:35:35 PM by Lord Tony² »