Slayer

Poll

?

83 (70.9%)
34 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 204839 times)

Already been suggested multiple times, and is probably going to be included in the "Domination" expansion with the option of increasing team tickets (lives) by capping points.

Well, for me it always returns either 0 or 1. Before I made the changes it always returned 0, after changing it always returned 1.

Not sure what we're talking about. What changes?

So he's going to add a team life pool?

Not sure what we're talking about. What changes?
minigameCanDamage returns 1 in all tested cases after making these changes:
https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/changeset/3e10376e7991
Before it returned 0 in all tested cases.

I've tried no team/no team, no team/team, both players same team and different teams.

minigameCanDamage returns 1 in all tested cases after making these changes:
https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/changeset/3e10376e7991
Before it returned 0 in all tested cases.

I've tried no team/no team, no team/team, both players same team and different teams.

Should be fixed now. Thanks for uncovering a number of bugs.
https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/changeset/2009e97e1e26

Should be fixed now. Thanks for uncovering a number of bugs.
https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/changeset/2009e97e1e26
Another possible bug: When I save a minigame and load it again (After restarting BL), the playertype field in General and Teams is empty. The playertype datablock is loaded. I haven't tried making a minigame with empty playertype fields.
Nevermind, the playertype was not enabled.

And a suggestion: When adding a new team the player setup in General should be applied to that team. It makes it easier to add teams that are identical since you only have to do the player setup one time instead of, for example four times.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:03:34 AM by Gravity Cat »

Another possible bug: When I save a minigame and load it again (After restarting BL), the playertype field in General and Teams is empty. The playertype datablock is loaded. I haven't tried making a minigame with empty playertype fields.
Nevermind, the playertype was not enabled.

And a suggestion: When adding a new team the player setup in General should be applied to that team. It makes it easier to add teams that are identical since you only have to do the player setup one time instead of, for example four times.

Just like TDM. ;P
But it's indeed very useful.

That makes sense. For now though you can just click the Reset > button next to the team player setup and they will be set to the stuff on the General tab.

That makes sense. For now though you can just click the Reset > button next to the team player setup and they will be set to the stuff on the General tab.
Ooooh, didn't know that.

Anyway, finished the team player setup thing: https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/changeset/c27f2f616507

#Kompressor2012

I was having some trouble with team vehicles being able to be teamkilled. Not sure that detecting the team in the case of vehicles through client is the best way to do it, since the owner can leave, or be on a different team.

I was having some trouble with team vehicles being able to be teamkilled. Not sure that detecting the team in the case of vehicles through client is the best way to do it, since the owner can leave, or be on a different team.

There was never any provision against team vehicles being teamkilled. The entire minigameCanDamage and minigameCstar fishe functions are bad and I need time to rewrite them. Which I don't have.

Also because of my limited time I probably won't be making any of those suggestions or new gamemodes or anything anytime soon.

There was never any provision against team vehicles being teamkilled. The entire minigameCanDamage and minigameCstar fishe functions are bad and I need time to rewrite them. Which I don't have.
Alright, I'll work on a workaround for the Boss Battles Server.

Also because of my limited time I probably won't be making any of those suggestions or new gamemodes or anything anytime soon.
omg mak gamemod exaclt lik SPORE SPORE id fun gam mak it!

Edit: Here's the fix I used -
if(!%mini.Teams.friendlyFire)
   {
   if(isObject(%objA.spawnBrick) && %objA.spawnBrick.getDatablock().slyrType $= "TeamVehicle" && isObject(%clientB))
      {
         %color = %objA.spawnBrick.getColorID();
         if(%color == %clientB.getTeam().color)
            return 0;
      }
      if(isObject(%objB.spawnBrick) && %objB.spawnBrick.getDatablock().slyrType $= "TeamVehicle" && isObject(%clientA))
      {
         %color = %objB.spawnBrick.getColorID();
         if(%color == %clientA.getTeam().color)
            return 0;
      }

if(%clientA != %clientB)
      {

Additionally, I noticed anyone can drive player-based vehicles despite team restrictions because of this check:
if( [...] %class $= "PlayerData"

Fixed when I changed PlayerData to AIPlayer.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:10:54 PM by -Jetz- »

#Kompressor2012

also i got the server shutdown error again but restarted blockland before saving the console :C

Setting the respawn time to 0 causes left clicking while in admin flycam to respawn you.