Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 210173 times)

Just a little update about the Map Cycler... So far most things are working server-side, including:
 - map change
 - load save file
 - load different minigames
 - automatic cycle (either time-based or round-based)
 - shuffle
 - other stuff

The big thing left to do is work on the client-side scripting and GUI.
If you get around to finishing this map cycler, may I possibly use parts of the code as a part of my crumbling stages? As I am trying to use anything other than getRandom(#,#);.all the script is doing in which i coded is that it is finding the first file in the directory and that's it.

I shall show you how I've done it when I get on my computer tomorrow, i have tried it and it didn't work, so I gave up since social stuff propped up, but I'd like to spend a minute fixing that tomorrow.

Putting a loose space on the e-tard list seems to break chat completely. Also, I don't think recolor vehicle is saving for the Slayer vehicle spawns.

Also, I don't think recolor vehicle is saving for the Slayer vehicle spawns.
Doesn't seem to work for normal vehicle spawns either. Is Slayer even causing this?

If you get around to finishing this map cycler, may I possibly use parts of the code as a part of my crumbling stages? As I am trying to use anything other than getRandom(#,#);.all the script is doing in which i coded is that it is finding the first file in the directory and that's it.

I shall show you how I've done it when I get on my computer tomorrow, i have tried it and it didn't work, so I gave up since social stuff propped up, but I'd like to spend a minute fixing that tomorrow.
Sure thing! And ikr that always happens when I'm working on something.

Putting a loose space on the e-tard list seems to break chat completely.
Thanks. https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issue/34/extra-e-tard-space-breaks-chat

Also, I don't think recolor vehicle is saving for the Slayer vehicle spawns.
Doesn't seem to work for normal vehicle spawns either. Is Slayer even causing this?
Does this happen if Slayer is disabled? I don't have a computer I can test with right now.

Possibly. All I know is that I've turned on recolor vehicle on the spawn bricks on the boss battle server dozens of times, but it never seems to last. Perhaps it's just not loading.

I have a little idea to maybe make the map cycling better. Add a waiting room that doesn't go away so that when it starts to delete the build, it teleports all the players into that waiting room, and when the build is done loading it will start the minigame back up and the people will be playing as normal. Maybe a brick that will put the player that clicked it back into the minigame after there done loading so that they don't have to wait in the playing field for it to ghost.
How would the Minigame preserve ID for the spawns?

also, this map cycler idea is awesome. Looks like more "impossible" addons are being made these days

Wow,a map cycle function..
Very useful.

Possibly. All I know is that I've turned on recolor vehicle on the spawn bricks on the boss battle server dozens of times, but it never seems to last. Perhaps it's just not loading.
I just tested and recolor vehicle loading works fine.

I have a little idea to maybe make the map cycling better. Add a waiting room that doesn't go away so that when it starts to delete the build, it teleports all the players into that waiting room, and when the build is done loading it will start the minigame back up and the people will be playing as normal. Maybe a brick that will put the player that clicked it back into the minigame after there done loading so that they don't have to wait in the playing field for it to ghost.
Nope, you'll see.

also, this map cycler idea is awesome. Looks like more "impossible" addons are being made these days
Yeah I have some good ideas for servers with it, it'll be nice for TDMs.

I've always look forward to a map cycle script.

If that's made along with the load bricks and load minigame, looks like some "Minigames" will begin sprouting up.

I'm starting to work on the script framework for the GUI.

It's actually a functioning map cycler right now, it just isn't user-friendly.

I'm starting to work on the script framework for the GUI.

It's actually a functioning map cycler right now, it just isn't user-friendly.
oh stuff yes

could you give us a rundown on how it works and how the builds have to be set up so some of us can prepare DM's or something

You should make it compatible with zombies, or take the zombie GUI and slap it on the slayer menu.  Don't ridicule me for not knowing how it all works, but I think it would be a great idea.

If that is confusing: I know nothing about this, make zombies work or perish.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:29:08 PM by morningstar »

could you give us a rundown on how it works and how the builds have to be set up so some of us can prepare DM's or something
1) Map Cycle starts (can be triggered manually, after a certain number of rounds, or after an amount of time)
2) Changes to new (or possibly same) map
3) Loads bricks
4) Loads minigame config
5) Repeat

I think that's about it. That's a pretty basic explanation.

You should make it compatible with zombies, or take the zombie GUI and slap it on the slayer menu.  Don't ridicule me for not knowing how it all works, but I think it would be a great idea.

If that is confusing: I know nothing about this, make zombies work or perish.
I've tried it before and I never finished it. It's still on my to-do list. https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issue/3/zapt-gui

Fyi, ZAPT actually works (zombies run around and kill you). The only problem is that there is no GUI.

How does the Seek and Destroy gamemode work? I can't seem to get it to work right.

Fyi, ZAPT actually works (zombies run around and kill you). The only problem is that there is no GUI.
Oh, great.  Put it on the bottom of your checklist to make a GUI please.
I'll be your best friend!