████ Issue: Add-ons/Screenshots/Saves lost after update to v20

Author Topic: ████ Issue: Add-ons/Screenshots/Saves lost after update to v20  (Read 31315 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Copy your files to the new location!

In v20 and up, your Blockland files are now stored in My Documents\Blockland (windows) or /Users/<your username>/Documents/Blockland (macintosh)

The update installer attempts to copy over your old add-ons/screenshots/saves but if you have installed Blockland multiple times, are installing to a different location than before or have move your Blockland folder at any time, it might not work.  You will have to manually copy over your files from your old Blockland folder to the new location in your documents folder.  

Can't find old files?

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 and you previously had Blockland installed to the "Program Files" folder, windows may have moved your Blockland saves and screenshots to the "Virtual Store".  The virtual store can be found at C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore.  Note that "AppData" is a hidden folder, so you will have to show hidden files first.  

If you still can't find them you can always search for *.bls to find all Blockland saves on your computer.  In Vista/Win7, go to "My Computer" and type *.bls into the search field in the upper right.  In Windows XP press ctrl+f to open the search dialog.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:01:17 PM by Badspot »

Thanks for making a topic about this. It's sure to help a lot of people.

I'm glad I never have any problems with updates. I just install the game and manually move all my add-ons/screenshots/saves over to the new Blockland.

I'm glad I never have any problems with updates. I just install the game and manually move all my add-ons/screenshots/saves over to the new Blockland.
Same.

stop quoting his post

badspot what happen to advanced configurations. whenever i start my server i always set the max configurations like max event quota and max vehicles to a high number. but when i start my dedicated it says too many events or too many vehicles

Is there any way to get controls also? After updating, my controls went to default and remapping them takes a while the way I had it

Badspot

• Administrator
Is there any way to get controls also? After updating, my controls went to default and remapping them takes a while the way I had it

Config folder

So we basically have two Blockland Folders in different locations with all the same stuff up to the update.
Is it safe to get rid of the old folder?

So we basically have two Blockland Folders in different locations with all the same stuff up to the update.
Is it safe to get rid of the old folder?

It won't affect the new version. But keep a backup if you EVER think you will want to find an old addon or config file or save.