Author Topic: ★Clone's battle between friends, family and losing everything UPDATED★  (Read 3730 times)

Ok i just want you to know that this is a really big thing going on for me so i would appreciate if you would bare with me and read it all, thank you.

The begging
About half a year ago my dad was sent to the Philippines to help build a school in the slumps for poor people and he had a great time. Then a few months on (after my dad came back) my mum went over for a month to do work there (not construction but organization and stuff)
They both had a good time in the dumps.
I have been going to a very expensive school for the last 3 years and it has taken a giant cut off our families budget, which is not a large one. I have known for a long time that at the end of this year i would have to change schools, of course i didn't want this because i would be leaving all my friends behind but at least my girlfriend said she would stick with me and come to my new school.

Around 3 months ago
My parents started saying how great it would be to move to the Philippines for a whole year (2012) and wouldn't shut up about it.
A while after they started organizing it! I kept expressing how it is complete bullstuff and that i do not want to leave my friends and girlfriend
for an entire year to go live in a hut in another country. They didn't care.
My parents started saying how if we went to the Philippines for a year (even though we would be getting no income and losing money) somehow when i came back i would be able to go to my old school again, even though all my friends, by then, have forgotten me.

Now
They wont stop! Ever single sentence they say has something to do with the loving Philippines! Eg. we eat some meal
with rice and my parents are like "Stephen do you like your food?" or something and id say "yeah it tastes nice" then as usual "well then
you will love the Philippines because we will be eating this every day!" D:<
Every god damn thing they say is about the Philippines and im so sick of it. No matter how many times i tell them i will not leave everything for a year and have all my friends and relationships just tossed out the window by my parents just so i can have a loving miserable time living in a hut with nothing but two beds and a computer. Also did i mention that the only internet access we will have is for me to do online schooling? Nothing else, no facebook, skype or any other way of communicating with my friends.
My parents were pretending to give me the option of changing schools for the next two years or going away and doing online schooling for one and then coming back to the same school, i obviously chose to change schools but they decided we are going anyway.

I have been telling my parents for months now how these are some of the most important years of my life and that i need to be here with friends learning new experiences and preparing myself for adulthood but they are hellbent on making me go to the philippines and wont take no for an answer. I have told them to wait until i move out of home for them to go but frankly even i know it would be hard. My parents are very old, my father is nearly 60 and my mother nearly 50 so we all know that they are running out of time to do the things they want.
I also have other brothers and sisters that have already moved out that are staying in Australia who i would be able to stay with and have expressed that they get to stay and that it is complete bullstuff for me to be forced to leave everything i have to go live in a stuffville. Even my siblings have tried to side with me so that we either don't go at all or wait until i move out but my parents seem to
have this little obsession with destroying my life. I have told them that if we went for say 3 months i would just shut up and deal with it but that is not enough for them.

Urgent need of assistance
About 2-3 days ago my parents informed me that within a week they will know whether we will be going or not and i need to convince them to drop it or leave me behind, they can go away and do what they want for a year but they are crazy if they think that i will be fine with it! I am running out of time and i really need a way to stop them!

What do i do? Try and force them not to take me away so i can stay with everything i have been working for or go with them because they are my parents and they are growing old?
I will be sending this entire post to my parents so they can see how i truly feel about the matter. (i will keep you informed of their actions)

Please give me ideas on how to convince them not to go through with this, just the thought of it has brought me to tears, even now as i type this out.

tl;dr- please just read it, this is very important to me.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:57:02 AM by Clone v.117 »

Also not to mention that whilst my parents were over there, they had to have school students and policemen on the lookout for bandits that were planning to abduct and ransom them, so we would spend an entire year with those problems around without anyone to help us.

:UPDATE:

CONVERSATION

Just had a long convo with the parents about it and its hard to chose what to say because im not really in the mood to type much but basically in the end they were saying (prepare for Christians) how its all about god and how its his plan and im telling him to stop but in the end i told them that that is their thoughts and beliefs and they can do whatever the forget they want with them but im not part of it.

I also managed to get them to let me only go for 3 months and then come back if i want to (which defi-lovingly-will) but there are 3 options, i go live with my sister which is possible but would cause a lot of problems, go live with a loving church family (yeah, right) or in a worst case scenario my dad comes back with me. (the most plausible option)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:42:05 AM by Clone v.117 »

That's terrible, dude. Maybe your parents can get convinced if we all post about how it's bad for you to go there?

Tell your parents that you'd rather stay here with your friends and girlfriend than follow them to a country in which you will be mugged and robbed almost every week.

Just stay with your older siblings or something.
Don't bother asking them, just do it. Just pack your bags and computer and have your brother/sister pick you up and leave.

Just stay with your older siblings or something.
Don't bother asking them, just do it. Just pack your bags and computer and have your brother/sister pick you up and leave.
I have been wanting to do this and highly considering it but my parents are old and cannot do much anymore, not to mention
they will have my little sister with them who is hard enough to handle when i am around.

That's terrible, dude. Maybe your parents can get convinced if we all post about how it's bad for you to go there?
That is what i am hoping for, or at least a good way to stop them from taking me.

Got any uncles or grandparents?

Got any uncles or grandparents?
Definitely no chance of staying with grandparents and i have only one uncle in the same state as me who lives hours away on a farm :/

Definitely no chance of staying with grandparents and i have only one uncle in the same state as me who lives hours away on a farm :/

Farms are nice and peaceful.  Does he have internet?

Stand your ground. If they are arrogant enough to only care about themselves, dont move. When they are ready to leave, just say "No" and dont move anywhere. Eventually they will probably see that you don't want this and get their heads out of their asses

go to child protect stuff and sue your parents

Stand your ground. If they are arrogant enough to only care about themselves, don't move. When they are ready to leave, just say "No" and don't move anywhere. Eventually they will probably see that you don't want this and get their heads out of their asses
This so much. Ive been to the Philippines before. It is an absolute stuffhole and I can clearly see why you don't want to move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKqO0FeaCFQ
Listen to this song and get pumped for a full scale argument with your parents about it.