Author Topic: The Prepper: NOT THE RENDERMAN  (Read 9202 times)

The Prepper is a client-sided(?) script which displays a bitmap image of the ASCII Terror face randomly in different dimensions, usually one or more times at once.

It was made and enabled when the Halloween default pack was released. Disabling the Halloween pack would disable the Prepper. The Prepper is NOT and will NEVER be even remotely close to the poorly-devised myth 'Renderman'. If you see a video or a .GIF of a tall black player running around and staring at the player, it's a bot, not a ghost. There's a great chance anyone who literally believes the latter should start listening in school.

Now, a quick recap. The Prepper is not the Renderman. The bots aren't the Renderman. There is no Renderman.

Server Sided  Prepper is a projectile that is spawned it would really suck if people could spawn projectiles client sided

Server Sided  Prepper is a projectile that is spawned it would really suck if people could spawn projectiles client sided

I'm pretty sure it's a bitmap

I'm pretty sure it's a bitmap
Its not, theoretically you could modify Brick_Halloween change the image to a transparent image and then set the folder to read only and he wouldn't pop up for you but its still a server sided script, if the server your on is not running Brick_Halloween he will not appear. Its actually a PNG image btw if that's what you mean by bitmap? (the image is an emmiter)

I don't think it's even a prepper, the prepper is just a name badspot thought of that wouldn't attract attention from people who decided to disect his addon. Either way, it was intended for the player to think what they like about the floating ascii terror face.

I don't think it's even a prepper, the prepper is just a name badspot thought of that wouldn't attract attention from people who decided to disect his addon. Either way, it was intended for the player to think what they like about the floating ascii terror face.

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.
No, he's right.

Prepper/Renderman came about as a result from the Renderman myth/story. That is why it would still be called Renderman.

If badspot named it Renderman.png somebody would have immediately spotted the name in the launcher, while their Blockland was updating. They would have freaked out and blew the whistle before anybody even saw what it did.

What you and a few others are doing about this whole name thing is like somebody pointing and saying.
 "Hey Look! It's a Bengal Tiger!"
and then you say,
 "Idiot! It's not a Bengal Tiger it is an Orange Tiger, because it's clearly the color Orange, not the color Bengal!"

No, he's right.

Prepper/Renderman came about as a result from the Renderman myth/story. That is why it would still be called Renderman.

If badspot named it Renderman.png somebody would have immediately spotted the name in the launcher, while their Blockland was updating. They would have freaked out and blew the whistle before anybody even saw what it did.

What you and a few others are doing about this whole name thing is like somebody pointing and saying.
 "Hey Look! It's a Bengal Tiger!"
and then you say,
 "Idiot! It's not a Bengal Tiger it is an Orange Tiger, because it's clearly the color Orange, not the color Bengal!"

I understand :c

I doubt anybody really believes that the renderman is a "ghost" it's just fun pretending.

So if you randomly see the image of the terror face its real?

So if you randomly see the image of the terror face its real?
yepper

What I like about BL forums, is that someone will always correct someone else.  Even if they're aleady right.  It's renderman.  Just because the png is callrd prepper.png doesn't make it the prepper.  Baddy called it renderman and it is refered to as the renderman.  Therefor, it is the renderman.

What I like about BL forums, is that someone will always correct someone else.  Even if they're aleady right.  It's renderman.  Just because the png is callrd prepper.png doesn't make it the prepper.  Baddy called it renderman and it is refered to as the renderman.  Therefor, it is the renderman.
It's prepper.  Just because Baddy called it renderman and it is refered to as the renderman doesn't make it the rednerman. the png is callrd prepper.png Therefor, it is the prepper.

see how that works?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:28:08 PM by Tingalz »

What I like about BL forums, is that someone will always correct someone else.  Even if they're aleady right.  It's renderman.  Just because the png is callrd prepper.png doesn't make it the prepper.  Baddy called it renderman and it is refered to as the renderman.  Therefor, it is the renderman.

putting it in bold 30pt so you can understand.

THE PREPPER

DISPLAYS THE ASCII TERROR FACE

THAT IS IT

THAT'S ALL THERE IS

You idiots are taking this way too seriously.